WRC Generations Getting Started with WRC-Generations?

I am a well-below-average sim racer and just picked up WRC Generations. So much content in there that I don't know where to start.

Can anyone recommend a specific rally course/car combo to start with?

Note: I'm not interested in starting a career mode. For some reason that has never interested me in any sim. Although I'm not very familiar with rally rules at all, I've always liked the idea racing against the clock (ie - hotlapping or time trials). I want to just jump in and drive, so can anyone recommend a few combos to get me going?

Thanks!

161 Views so far and not even a single suggestion (short of giving up rallying or even all of sim racing completely)? ;)

C'mon guys. This klutz needs some guidance. I enjoy rally sims, but my lack of skill gets me frustrated!

Thanks!

I actually found the Training section to be helpful when I first started the game. It allowed me to get used to the UI, Setting up my wheel, and trying a few cars and setup changes.
You can make lots of changes, see what difference it makes, and get used to the way the cars handle. You can try any car in training as well.
I'm reasonably experienced at other Rally Sims, but I still found the training the best place to start. The Challenge section also has some useful aids to getting started.

I've always started with a lot of training, with a Ford Fiesta, until I find the settings that suit my style, with times I improve until I'm happy with the result. then I switch to slightly faster cars. Then career. Wrc only in career as if I were a rookie in this category, so as to be amazed by so much acceleration and speed;)

Last edited:
Thanks, guys!

I'll give your suggestions a try.

Just one last question though: Which specific in-game settings have the most impact to dial in settings for a rally car? I'm not looking for specific values since everyone's style is different, but which specific settings change the feel of the car most when you change them?

Last edited:
the test track is great, many surface changes, specific training areas, lots of long stretches to run.
One of my favorite features in WRC-G is that you can change cars at any time to see how they differ.
And then practice, practice, practice. :(:mad::)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.