Gauge Placement

This is how the car should look (image included with mod):

Image3.jpg

This is what I have:

GRAB_009.jpg

The only gauge coordinates I know of are in the .car file; this is the original:

TachometerRange=(0.0, 8000.0, 225.0, 315.0)
TachometerNeedle=(1.90, 1.90)
OilTempRange=(140, 325, 225.0, 315.0)
OilTempNeedle=(0.95, 0.95)
WaterTempRange=(100, 265, 225.0, 315.0)
WaterTempNeedle=(0.95, 0.95)
OilPressureRange=(0.0, 100, 225.0, 315.0)
OilPressureNeedle=(0.95, 0.95)
FuelVolumeRange=(0.0, 120.0, 135.0, 405.0)
FuelVolumeNeedle=(0.78, 0.78)

I copied this from a different Mustang with the same dash:

TachometerRange=(000.0, 8000.0, 314.0, 400.0)
TachometerNeedle=(0.95, 0.95)
OilTempRange=(122.0, 385.0, 130.0, 410.0)
OilTempNeedle=(0.8, 0.8)
WaterTempRange=(104.0, 260.0, 130.0, 410.0)
WaterTempNeedle=(0.8, 0.8)
OilPressureRange=(0.0, 53.03, 225.0, 315.0)
OilPressureNeedle=(0.60, 0.45)
FuelVolumeRange=(0.0, 120.0, 135.0, 405.0)
FuelVolumeNeedle=(0.475, 0.375)

But still have the same gauge placement. Now what?

It looks like 2 dashboard options are used for the same car in place of only 1 or the same cpit is used for another car in the mod.
If there's nothing in the genstring, surely the best solution should be to find the faulty cpit gmt and delete those 2 added gauges from it.
But if another car uses the same file but needing those 2 gauges .... there should be another problem to solve.

Shelby Mustang GT350 in P&G, car is add-on Hertz; instructions were merely "place in Shelby GT350 folder".

There are about 30 assorted '65-'68 Mustangs in the "60's Touring" folder, 8 GT350s in "GT Over 2 Liter". I haven't driven every one of them (same physics per model so no need) so don't know if any others have issues; genstring sounds like a probable cause, but none of the documentation is easily available (buried on DVD somewhere).

There's an easy way in the .cas file to know for which part a digit of the genstring is meant.
And the right .cas file can first be read in the .car file of the car.
I suppose you know that such expression <4> ( 1 or more number between <> ) after a mentioned GMT is the position of that choice in the genstring for the choice of this GMT.
That gives of course the right version name of the gmt to load.

Not sure at all that a cpit might be chosen in a genstring but a cpit_chassis might or separated parts also.
This is the 1st error possible if the genstring digit of this car for that part is not correct.
And the only way to check is open those GMTs with 3dSimed to see which version is the correct one.

Last edited:
I've rarely tinkered with cas files and know nothing of gmt files.
The doc for the Hertz car states compatible with P&G V2, of course I have V3.3, not sure what, if any, differences may apply here.

Found the following genstrings in an old pdf saved from nogrip, March '08, "updated for for V2.0".

Ford Mustang
1. Chassis Style, Cockpit Style, Cockpit Chassis Style, Cockpit Windows Style
2. Front Bumper Style, Front V Bumper Style
3. Wheel Style
4. Rear Bumper Style, Rear V Bumper Style
5. Headlight Glow style
6. Exhaust Style
7. Helmet Style
8&9. Driver Style

Shelby GT350R
1. Bumpers
2. Headlight Glow
3 & 4. Driver
5 & 6. Helmet
7. Wheels
8. Steering Wheel

Obviously they are not interchangeable.

The Hertz car has two genstrings, one rem'd out by double slash, but only difference seems to be front bumper.

It appears the simplest solution is to just grab the dash graphics from one of the other GT350s (all use the six gauge setup) and put in the Hertz car. I can only assume the car was originally built on the '60s Mustang (and screenshot taken), then switched to GT350.

You may try it but if the 3D parts for those 2 extra gauges are still included in the cpit... I doubt that it will work as mostly the gauges are added apart from the dashboard as they need a special name with a special texture name to work ... and as I can see on the picture those 2 gauges have a needle and seem to work perfectly.

I don't have P&G installed any longer on my PC ... so I cannot have a look by myself.
I cannot install it as my disks are already too full and moreover I cannot see the files in a zipped file as P&G install is an executable ( And I never liked this system for mods ).

I surely might solve the problem if I had all files for this car if it doesn't work for you as you intend to work.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.