Formula Ford (legion van diemen version) updated tyres and aero (data.acd)

Misc Formula Ford (legion van diemen version) updated tyres and aero (data.acd) 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
cheetocatto submitted a new resource:

Formula Ford (legion) updated tyres and aero (data.acd) - Proper tyres and more credible aero

Hiya! I've been looking through my cars and found some behaving a bit 'uncommonly' and decided do go down the rabbit hole of AC physics.

It's probably not accurate, but it's way more consistent around the racetrack.

This one had the very same issues as the formula veem except for the gorund clearance. Added new tyres based on kunos Semislicks and fixed aero so it didn't produce lift above 100km/h, instead it produces a little downforce from the floor and body (around 22kg @200km/h).

Read more about this resource...

Do I have to put the data.acd in the van dieman or mygale folder or both?
would have been nice to know. Why he has encrypted the files, when the original mod was provided free and unencrypted is beyond me. Deleted the files. Im not using encrypted garbage of someone elses work. It's only encrypted to hide that its stolen from someone elses work..

Last edited:
would have been nice to know. Why he has encrypted the files, when the original mod was provided free and unencrypted is beyond me. Deleted the files. Im not using encrypted garbage of someone elses work. It's only encrypted to hide that its stolen from someone elses work..

Hold your horses matey. Don't be haste to conclusions.

File is not encrypted. It's packed as acd. You can unpack it with CM under content tab > unpack data, it will create the data folder under the car's folder with all the .ini files..

It's packed so it can be used online. If you don't want to use it, then don't.

About stolen from someone elses work part: It was a good bait, i almost fell for it.

Last edited:
Hold your horses matey. Don't be haste to conclusions.

File is not encrypted. It's packed as acd. You can unpack it with CM under content tab > unpack data, it will create the data folder under the car's folder with all the .ini files..

It's packed so it can be used online. If you don't want to use it, then don't.

About stolen from someone elses work part: It was a good bait, i almost fell for it.
unpacked, the ini files are garbled and encrytped. Any other data.acd files I've extracted in CM have been readable in notepad. Yours arent readable. I extracted it to try to find out which FF folder it was meant to go in, since your original post didnt say.. You might want to do the mygale as well since you have only done the van dieman, they should be at least on equal tyres.. being different chassis.

unpacked, the ini files are garbled and encrytped. Any other data.acd files I've extracted in CM have been readable in notepad. Yours arent readable. I extracted it to try to find out which FF folder it was meant to go in, since your original post didnt say.. You might want to do the mygale as well since you have only done the van dieman, they should be at least on equal tyres.. being different chassis.
i'mma take a look at it. CM has an option to encrypt data when packign the car as a zip, but i always leave tha tinchecked and since i haven't packed the car...

From what i know. I'm not sure if its an AC or CM thing, but by design files aren't readable if they are not in the originally named parent folder. (ie. putting the van diemen data.acd in the mygale folder. It will render it unreadable.

Tbh, up to this moment i had no idea a mygale version existed. I'll specify at the title, this is for the van dieman version. Thanks for bringing this up.

Edit: found about the mygale version, that is a Bazza version (f1600) And since folder names differ (f1600_van_diemen from Bazza and legion_van_diemen) vs it will break the data making in unreadable.

I will also add this to description

Last edited:
i'mma take a look at it. CM has an option to encrypt data when packign the car as a zip, but i always leave tha tinchecked and since i haven't packed the car...

From what i know. I'm not sure if its an AC or CM thing, but by design files aren't readable if they are not in the originally named parent folder. (ie. putting the van diemen data.acd in the mygale folder. It will render it unreadable.

Tbh, up to this moment i had no idea a mygale version existed. I'll specify at the title, this is for the van dieman version. Thanks for bringing this up.

Edit: found about the mygale version, that is a Bazza vaersion and this data may not work properly.
I had it in the van dieman folder when I unencrypted it, so nothing to do with the parent. It was a fluke I had it in the van dieman folder.. There is a Mygale on Legions site as well as the van dieman.. Legion Mygale hmm looks like RD wont let me post the link. Search works on his site to find it.

Last edited:
I had it in the van dieman folder when I unencrypted it, so nothing to do with the parent. It was a fluke I had it in the van dieman folder.. There is a Mygale on Legions site as well as the van dieman.. Legion Mygale hmm looks like RD wont let me post the link. Search works on his site to find it.

yeah i found it, It's allegedly Bazza. By van dieman folder i mean the original "legion_van_diemen" NOT the "F1600_van_diemen" folder.

It only work with the NON-UPDATED version of the mod. (refer to author)

IF author says "legion update by bazza 04 2022", it'll break it.

I can zip the data folder if it's in the correct folder unpacking doesn't work and you wanna fiddle with it.

edit: appaprently bazza fixed the tyres but it suffers form the same negative downforce at higher speeds... A CL lut issue (same the original legion version had), will fix and make a new post with the data. For the f1600 van diemen and mygale.

Last edited:
Not much point doing this car as it is deprecated. Bit confusing with some name changes along the way, but please only use the Bazza version and delete all the others.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.6%