Formula E: Nathanael Berthon Leaves Aguri

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Nathanael Berthon Formula E.jpg

With the musical chairs merry-go-round continuing in the world of Formula E these last weeks, the latest casualty to find himself still standing when the music stops is team Aguri driver Nathanael Berthon.

The Frenchman, 26, is making his full-time debut in the series this year alongside DTM stalwart and former Red Bull Junior Antonia Felix de Costa at the Japanese squad following his switch from GP2 at the end of the 2015 racing season.

Although largely out performed by his more experienced teammate, Berthon created a positive impression with points for 8th position on his debut in Beijing and other solid showings in the all-electric series.

Despite the setback of finding himself without a drive for the upcoming Buenos Aires ePrix, the Frenchman is determined to continue his Formula E career and return for his home race in Paris on April

“I am determined, more than ever, to continue my career in Formula E and I would like to thank Team Aguri for giving me a start in the series. I am confident I will race and score points in the Paris ePrix on April 23.”

Who will take over the drive for the remainder of the season, starting at Buenos Aires remains to be seen. Team Aguri have made no announcements so far and with a number of talented drivers left without a seat coming into this season, plus high profile names keen to sample this new concept of racing anything could be possible.

Who do you think will fill the void left by Berthon at Aguri? Leave your comments below !

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 205301

At least, it won't be Jacques Villeneuve ahah
I won't be surprised if Roberto Merhi obtain this wheel

Isn't Merhi still looking to secure a seat with Manor / Virgin / Marussia or whatever they are called nowadays?

Tbh I wasnt impressed with him last year, I'd imagine Manor are looking at other options so this might be a decent deal for the lad.

Time will tell...

ps. COME BACK JACQUES!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes