Ford Mustang GT 2010 Mod Excellent Engine Sounds

Shovas

Premium
One of my pet peeves in sims is poor engine sounds. I think even modern sims and their engines as sounding like vaccuum cleaners going up and down the rev range. Well, they can be done better. The Race 07 BMW M3 GT2 was a good one. Sector 3 usually does great work in RaceRoom, too. But still very few come close to replicating all the racket, gurgles, burps, rattle, and all that glorious engine noise.

Here's one I think was done exceptionally well. It's a car from NFS Shift 2 so they had the resources to make it sound decent.

Now I know there's a balance between annoying to the ears after a while and getting an honest engine sound but I wish more sims tried to produce all the gloriousness of engines.

If you've ever walked down a paddock with engines firing up you know what I'm talking about.

Good God, this car just yells:

MURICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :p

I just ADORE this brutal noise. Really well done by the modders. I'm guessing if it's a Shift rip you can't get it here on RD?

Also should say – perhaps non-coincidentally, the richness and vibrancy of this sound reminds me of the Mustang 1992 DTM from RaceRoom, which is an exceptionally good car sound IMO.

Good God, this car just yells:

MURICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :p

I just ADORE this brutal noise. Really well done by the modders. I'm guessing if it's a Shift rip you can't get it here on RD?

Yeah, it's NFS2, I probably found it on EEC but just search for "gtr2 Ford Mustang GT 2010" you'll find it

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.