Login or Register an account to download this content
FFF789 submitted a new resource:

Ford GT40 Mk I sound mod - Ford GT40 - 289 sound mod for the Kunos car

Ford GT40 Mk I - 289 sound mod
Main source for onboard sounds:
And external sounds from various videos by youtube channels:
19Bozzy92, Belgian Motorsports, Marchettino and Goodwood Road & Racing

Sound demo (quick low quality video): https://streamable.com/fox73x

This is my first sound mod release but I have made several shitty sound mods so far, for me while practicing this thing. This release is pretty much done as far as me, and I may or may...

Read more about this resource...

Wow, this is not a joke...
Yesterday I've rediscovered the awesome quality of this orig. Kunos car after years of going through 1000's of mods in AC, thinking that it'd actually be the perfect car if only the sound would be improved. And on that very day you post this?!! What's going on?! So awesome too, really good! Thank you so much, my (wo)man!
Still feeling a bit weird bout this though, lol.
And I'm off to that bumpy Florida airfield track again... Pure heaven!

Hi, as i previously said, great work! And as i wrote, down below you will some suggestions i have in mind.

Ferrari 330 P4 (Would be awesome, if you find something, but you can also edit some other Ferrari sound, in my opinion, the GT7 one, fits perfectly)
Ferrari 250 GTO (Plenty of videos, around the internet)
Ferrari 250LM (Very similar to the one of the 250LM, but, at my ears, sounds like a little bit more raw.
Ferrari 312 T (They are plenty of video of the previous car, the 312B from the '74, which i think the sound fits perfectly, also, the engine was the same, sooo, why not?
Ford GT40 MK II (can you make it for the Kunos one? As an option? I really love the MK II sound, it gives me the chills when i'm listen it!
Porsche 917K (Is very good, but it can be mooore better)

For now, i think i have nothing more to say, exept, many thanks for your great work!

Let me know what do you think

Red_Manuel, a fan of your works!

Wow, this is not a joke...
Yesterday I've rediscovered the awesome quality of this orig. Kunos car after years of going through 1000's of mods in AC, thinking that it'd actually be the perfect car if only the sound would be improved. And on that very day you post this?!! What's going on?! So awesome too, really good! Thank you so much, my (wo)man!
Still feeling a bit weird bout this though, lol.
And I'm off to that bumpy Florida airfield track again... Pure heaven!
Hey thanks! It happened to me a few times like that, I'm eager about some AC stuff and someone releases a mod for that... there's a lot of us using AC and there's a lot of stuff here :D but in truth if you looked more, there's a couple of AC GT40 sound mods out there. The Kunos version for this and many other cars seem just weak or intentionally not too loud. I wanted my GT40 to be loud!

Cheers, enjoy!

Hi, as i previously said, great work! And as i wrote, down below you will some suggestions i have in mind.

Ferrari 330 P4 (Would be awesome, if you find something, but you can also edit some other Ferrari sound, in my opinion, the GT7 one, fits perfectly)
Ferrari 250 GTO (Plenty of videos, around the internet)
Ferrari 250LM (Very similar to the one of the 250LM, but, at my ears, sounds like a little bit more raw.
Ferrari 312 T (They are plenty of video of the previous car, the 312B from the '74, which i think the sound fits perfectly, also, the engine was the same, sooo, why not?
Ford GT40 MK II (can you make it for the Kunos one? As an option? I really love the MK II sound, it gives me the chills when i'm listen it!
Porsche 917K (Is very good, but it can be mooore better)

For now, i think i have nothing more to say, exept, many thanks for your great work!

Let me know what do you think

Red_Manuel, a fan of your works!
Thanks! Well, you were not kidding! Those cars have reasonably good sounds from Kunos, but GT40 was an exception, no justice there was given to it. And I was lucky to find this great video online for onboard, and it was easier for externals. It's a lot of work listening through, preparing samples, arranging them and trying them out in game...
As far as those cars you mention, I wasn't happy with youtube videos quality of what is around so far. And I'm looking only for videos of real cars, not other games. There's a lot of those classic cars that need some love and I'm looking at some others right now like the E-type, the 365GTB/4 and the Pantera. But it's very hard without good onboard resources with good microphones. Otherwise, there would already be good sound mods in AC for them or the cars you mentioned :) I'm just hoping something shows up in the near future.

BTW if you didn't already, check out AmaFMOD's page and youtube channel as there's sound mods videos with links, he's got awesome stuff: His web link will not work here on RD, so just google riri59870

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hey thanks! It happened to me a few times like that, I'm eager about some AC stuff and someone releases a mod for that... there's a lot of us using AC and there's a lot of stuff here :D but in truth if you looked more, there's a couple of AC GT40 sound mods out there. The Kunos version for this and many other cars seem just weak or intentionally not too loud. I wanted my GT40 to be loud!

Cheers, enjoy!
Yes sir, these cars need to be done justice. Regarding the E-type, the 365GTB/4 and the Pantera, I'll keep my ears out for you too. Maybe some others also ;-)
Which platform would be best to send you videos?
Cheers, M

Yes sir, these cars need to be done justice. Regarding the E-type, the 365GTB/4 and the Pantera, I'll keep my ears out for you too. Maybe some others also ;-)
Which platform would be best to send you videos?
Cheers, M
Nice, thanks! A PM here would be ok.

FFF789 updated Ford GT40 Mk I sound mod with a new update entry:

small update

Nothing major and won't change much:
* I improved a little the engine sound loop on the internal, from mid to high RPM range. There was a little glitch in the loop so you could notice it hitting a little click. If it bothered you before like it did me when I figured it out, it should be ok now.
** I removed the horn sound by request :whistling:

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 1940046

Out of curiosity why not use Robbert, surely it
s the highest quality gt40 recording out there

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see that one in December, but it is easier to go through 15-20 minutes of a clip I found and has great quality as well. It really sucks going carefully through these 4 hours of actual racing with other cars all around, whose sounds are also getting in the way of the engine sound I would be trying to sample... sampling needs to be in right situations too. Floored all the way, 3-4 seconds ideally of nice and clean acceleration/deceleration, all at low, mid and high RPMs range. Paul Ricard was perfect!

yeah sure, I wasn't saying that the engine sound disappears completely though, it just becomes quiet or Idk how to explain it correctly
Anyways, here's the video, check the parts where I'm going from 120 to 145 and from 200 to 220 kph
all I've done to car sounds-related stuff in this game is changed max channels from 256 to 512 as Fonsecker advised on his sound packs

yeah sure, I wasn't saying that the engine sound disappears completely though, it just becomes quiet or Idk how to explain it correctly
Anyways, here's the video, check the parts where I'm going from 120 to 145 and from 200 to 220 kph
all I've done to car sounds-related stuff in this game is changed max channels from 256 to 512 as Fonsecker advised on his sound packs
Oh... yes that max channels change is not an issue, but I think I get it. You're driving from this external view? I always drive sims from inside the cockpit and thus use internal sounds only. The external sounds are worthless to people like me when actually driving, and are only good for watching other cars or later in replays with TV cams. There is a clear separation there to us. Unfortunately AC has cars usually set on default to use external sound on all external view and some F6 onboard cameras. But vast majority of sound mods and all Kunos sounds are made like I did, and their externals too are not made for driving. So you will have this kind of lacking sound samples issue in many cases. The externals are literally taken from youtube recordings of cars passing by, that's why you can hear engine sound 'disappearing' in the distance and getting back. SCIBSOUND probably did that part better which I've honestly never considered. This external chase view goes with games like Forza. What you're asking for demands another layer of sounds for externals as I understand it. Kind of like close to the car, which is like having a mic outside recording the exhaust. But those recordings are either non-existant or hard to find or never good enough quality and never with enough RPM range samples that you can take. You literally need to put the mic there and drive it yourself to record what you need. This is the best what we can do not leaving our chair and using other people's youtube sources.

Oh... yes that max channels change is not an issue, but I think I get it. You're driving from this external view? I always drive sims from inside the cockpit and thus use internal sounds only. The external sounds are worthless to people like me when actually driving, and are only good for watching other cars or later in replays with TV cams. There is a clear separation there to us. Unfortunately AC has cars usually set on default to use external sound on all external view and some F6 onboard cameras. But vast majority of sound mods and all Kunos sounds are made like I did, and their externals too are not made for driving. So you will have this kind of lacking sound samples issue in many cases. The externals are literally taken from youtube recordings of cars passing by, that's why you can hear engine sound 'disappearing' in the distance and getting back. SCIBSOUND probably did that part better which I've honestly never considered. This external chase view goes with games like Forza. What you're asking for demands another layer of sounds for externals as I understand it. Kind of like close to the car, which is like having a mic outside recording the exhaust. But those recordings are either non-existant or hard to find or never good enough quality and never with enough RPM range samples that you can take. You literally need to put the mic there and drive it yourself to record what you need. This is the best what we can do not leaving our chair and using other people's youtube sources.
I see
I don't stick to one and only camera view, my play style in this game is variable and it all depends on my mood, sometimes I want to collect a few apexes and thus switch to 1st person camera, and sometimes I want to enjoy the visuals and the sound of my car, so I switch to the 3rd person camera, that's why I'm enjoying balanced mods

Also talking about cameras, 3rd person camera in this game by default is probably the worst I've seen in racing games in general and It was slowing me down sooo much because of a lack of information from it

Hahha yes I get it. AC is made as a driving sim first, game engine showing age but still with stunning physics, visuals and sounds, that's for sure. But on track, the external views 'exist' but that's all, not 100% really intended for driving with it like other racing games are.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.