Resource icon

Misc Fonteny ext_config\track skin 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
racinjoe013 submitted a new resource:

Fonteny ext_config\track skin - Fonteny ext_config\track skin

This mod simply adds a bit of fall colors to some of the trees in Autumn. I did not (or tried not to) alter the look of the summer and spring months. It simply makes fall and winter look like they should hopefully without being over the top. I wanted more of a subtle look. I also added a couple of other things that I did not see in the original extension file, like rainfx, etc. Make sure to backup the original ext_config file first before unzipping. Mine is just the original with the...

Read more about this resource...

racinjoe013 updated Fonteny ext_config\track skin with a new update entry:

Fonteny ext_config\track skin

Small tweaks to a few things. No need for the update unless you are interested in these two things.

-- Added my own grassfx entries. The original ext_config file had a grassfx entry, but I made it more to my liking. It extends the grass fx out to the road edge. If you want the original look back, open the ext_config file in a notepad editor and scroll almost to the bottom to the two [GRASS_FX] sections. Change the first one from ACTIVE = 0 to ACTIVE = 1 and delete everything from the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Small update if this interests you.

Was turning some laps last night and got to thinking, the grassfx in the countryside areas between towns shouldn't look so prim and properly cut. So I played around with the grassfx settings. What you'll see is nice cut grass when you are around homes or towns, but much higher grass when driving through the countryside areas. You can play around with the shape size numbers to get grass heights you prefer. If you don't care for this change, just open...

Another ones of these optional updates. Like the last one, this one concerns grassfx. Never was a big fan of the grassfx totally disappearing in the winter. In real life, grass doesn't disappear in the winter. It just gets thinner and doesn't grow. So I fooled around with the settings and came up with this. Probably needs tweaked, but I like it so far.

Spring, summer and fall should look about the same as before. In the winter, the grass won't be as high in all areas as it is in the...

Hi racinjoe013.

I've just downloaded the latest version (V1.3) and I can't find the readme file inside the 7z file. Has it happened to someone else or is it that you removed it accidentally?

Thanks for sharing it. Fonteny is one of my favourites.

Probably a stupid question, but I can't get snow working. Did a fresh install of Fonteny, copied your files into the correct folders. I set the date to feb 1st and then I should get snow/white grass right?
Edit - never mind, apparently Sol planner overrules the date set in CM. CM was set to feb 1st but Sol Planner was set to june :)

Last edited:

Fonteny ext_config\track

Small update to the resource to include a track skin for winter driving that removes the leaves from all the deciduous trees. CSP\Sol\Pure is required because the trees are not white by default. You need to use CSP's seasonal adjustments in order for it to look right.

A huge thank you to Fat-Alfie for letting me add this to the resource. The track is really fun to look at if you drive it in the winter time with no leaves on the trees. At least it is to me. Just makes it look more...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea