Fixing Mod problems.

Can anyone offer me advice on correcting some of the problems I am having with my car?

The steering wheel axis is somehow totally off.
There is an extra rear-view mirror.
The mirror view is wrong.
The speedo is not working or is in the wrong location, and I can't see it.
There seem to be five safety cars trying to compete in the race.

I know this will take time and effort, so even just a few clues about where to start would be fantastic. I have no intention of sharing this mod conversion without the original modder's permission. I am just doing this as a learning exercise for now.

Thank you for any tips or advice.

After a bit more testing and looking through the files, I think the conversion has not correctly transferred the coordinates of certain items. When I try A different model from the same mod, everything is still wrong but in another direction. I presume I need to work out the correct coordinates of the things that are wrong and then manually enter them into the files.
I understood the cam view, and with a bit of testing, I corrected it. The mirrors are similar and should also be easy to fix. The steering wheel problem still confused me, but I will continue trying to figure it out.
The good news is the Rfactor tool transfers the physics pretty well, and the cars are nice to drive. The front grip is much better than Rfactor, and the feeling of losing the front end is very nice.
There is also a lack of reflection on the car's paintwork; I think I remember how to do this. Have to look back through my Race07 notes.

V8 Factor Unleashed 2012 – nice :)

As long as it's a personal private conversion (even if for learning purposes) and you don't have permission from ORSM (which I presume you don't) some people may choose to not help out. That could be one thing going on, I guess. Don't know. IMO your best bet for learning and help would be in the AMS Unofficial Discord, where several great modders hang out and have been very willing to share their knowledge. They have some nice documentation for AMS modding, too.

I converted V8FU 2010 and 2011 privately (just running it through rfactortools) and the dashboards worked – and the secondary screen was trying to mirror the AMS HUD display in the bottom right corner of the screen. So that's interesting that it didn't work for you.

The extra virtual mirror is a rFactor upgrade for V8FU cars that can be disabled in rF1. In AMS you can enable and disable upgrades for cars in the Showroom.

The safety cars racing is a problem with the opponent filters – not sure how to fix it though.

Thanks, MJQT. You should get an award for all your support to noobs like me.
I honestly thought this would be a way to slowly move toward a better understanding of how the games work. But I guess I will take my learning in private if it is an offense. I learn a lot on my own and only post here to try and get a bit of community going.

Thanks, MJQT. You should get an award for all your support to noobs like me.
I'm still a noob too, mostly :roflmao: I just try to read up on things and be informed – just like you do, from what I've seen :)

I honestly thought this would be a way to slowly move toward a better understanding of how the games work. But I guess I will take my learning in private if it is an offense. I learn a lot on my own and only post here to try and get a bit of community going.
Modding and messing with things is a good way to get an understanding of how the games work, that much is true. And some people (here, in the AMS Unofficial Discord, or elsewhere) may well help out, I can't say – but it'll depend on personal preferences, and some people (including RD staff) feel strongly about converting mods without permission.

If you're curious about poking around in AMS files, I believe the Camaro street car and Caruaru track files are unencrypted, so they can be used to learn some bits about AMS. :) Plus the docs on the AMS Unofficial Discord, which are a gold mine of info.

One story about permissions. I had to spend some time figuring out how to get in contact with someone from Virtua_LM, cause I wanted to convert their Mid Ohio to AMS and learn about AMS features while upgrading it. Because others had done quick conversions to AMS and AC but had them removed because they had no permissions. But I eventually found an email address, asked, and received a nice note granting permission, and now it's on RD and people have helped out with various things. I still have much more to learn and do with that track... but it's been fun so far.

FYI I believe some of the people behind V8FU have profiles on RD, so one definitely could reach out to them and ask permission to convert to AMS. Or maybe there's some other better way of reaching them – I don't know.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea