WRC Generations First look at WRC Generations Gameplay by Team VVV

Team VVV presenting a preview build of the game in Nacon's official stream on Steam.

Watch here: https://steamcommunity.com/broadcast/watch/76561199180285643

The re-broadcast will be up on Steam Broadcast page for a couple of days. VVV will upload this same video in much better quality than Steam Broadcast as well as more detailed look at the games in the future on his own channel.

Release date for PC is November 3rd as shown at the end of this broadcast.

Cars
- Dark cockpits have been fixed. Hooray!
- Each of the manufacturers have distinct sounds now. At least from what we can hear in the three WRC cars which were the Hyundai, Ford and Toyota.
- Sounds are much more detailed and more true to life than it has ever been.
- Wheel animation angle in the cockpit is bigger now. Cannot tell what the full angle is as VVV himself locked his wheel to 90 degrees (?).

Physics and Handling
- Electric boost for hybrid engines available.
- Handling seems to have changed a lot. VVV himself said the physics have changed a lot and cars feel heavier now which is to be expected as the cars are indeed heavier now with the battery.
- Suspension and grip looks like they're more like a real car and closer to what you'd expect to a sim physics.
- Suspension seems to react more accurately in the corners.
- Tarmac seems to have more lateral grip in dry tarmac, which is what you'd expect when driving on a dry tarmac with the right tyres. Looks very good from what I can tell in different camera modes as show in the video.

Graphics and Environment
- Some stages have been re-modeled and improved. Jumps have been improved on some stages compared to previous versions.
- Great environment design by KT as always. The new Sweden is beautiful.
- Lighting seems to have improved a lot. Seems like they brought back shaders from previous games into this game.
- Colours are better. Not as washed out as WRC 10. Looks more vibrant. Cannot tell from the terrible Steam broadcast quality.

This is all the big ones that I have noticed. There might be more that I have missed.

Share your thoughts and opinions of the build down below.

This could have something to do with licenses or something. I kinda doubt they want to show a car getting completely smashed. A lot of racing games have these issues unfortunately. It might never actually change.
Id say its more down to a limitation in the game engine itself. Look at Dirt Rally 2.0 you can basically turn your car into a banana and that has FIA World Rallycross in it.

My main questions are:

- How easy or difficult is it to set up separate controllers (wheels + pedals)?
- Can you simply pick any car and any rally (or stage) and have a quick go at it without running thru a career, or some kind of unlocking process?

Thanks!

My main questions are:

- How easy or difficult is it to set up separate controllers (wheels + pedals)?
- Can you simply pick any car and any rally (or stage) and have a quick go at it without running thru a career, or some kind of unlocking process?

Thanks!
Not sure on the first one but 2nd one yes you can jump straight onto any stage with any car you want without having to unlock anything

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.