FFB Question

I'm considering buying AMS2 based on the good things I've heard about the latest update. I have one question though. How does AMS2 FFB communicate grip loss and recovery. In AC (and if memory serves me, GTR2 and GTL) grip loss and recovery was communicated through the steering wheel growing lighter or stronger. Is AMS2 similar or does it use another method? I'm more interested in weight transfer and grip than bumps in the road.

In my opinion, those are two points where AMS2’s FFB disappoints. On the weight transfer I reckon that is linked with how physics are modelled.
but everyone seems to have a completely opposite view on the matter.

I think at the moment, people are trying different settings. There are custom ffb files which you may like to try which may give you the feeling you're looking for. Me personally I too like AC how it feels and I'm currently trying out different options AMS 2 which I like a lot. It's just experimenting I'm afraid until you find something you like. My advice is not to go into ams 2 and keep comparing to other Sims as each sim is different. As for buying it it's a no brainer in my opinion, I think it's great.

Last edited:
I searched for years to find a Sim that gives me the exact tyre loss feeling that you discribe. For me its is important to feel the edge of the tyre, espacialy in the front. It is the scrub effect. For Automobilista 2 you can try the rFruktor 4.6 Delta S FFB txt File. For Project Cars 2 try Hugo Vais Files.

I have to say the demo does show off the graphics but they could not have picked a more boring car..If you try the demo please keep in mind these are road cars and do not reflect how the race cars drive..I have wanted to start a suggestion thread that they put maybe the turbo 2002 or something in there to show the game is lots more fun than the two road cars they put in..

I have to say the demo does show off the graphics but they could not have picked a more boring car..If you try the demo please keep in mind these are road cars and do not reflect how the race cars drive..I have wanted to start a suggestion thread that they put maybe the turbo 2002 or something in there to show the game is lots more fun than the two road cars they put in..
Those VW's they released lately and use in the demo are the most lifeless and boring cars in all of sim racing.
They should have included the latest Stock car and an open wheeler to really show case there product.

I support Reiza and have faith they will sort this game out eventually, but I must admit they have made several strange decisions since the launch of AMS2.

They really need to do a dev stream or blog and inform us what's going on, what is and isint currently implemented compared to PC2. Ex is loose surface physics currently implemented?
Update the recommended FFB settings for X wheel as the original thread is well over a yr old now.
What's going on with the missing dlc of retro tracks.
What's next for development and dlc. Etc. Etc.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea