FFB is different in VR and single monitor?

I’m trying to figure out why FFB is different when I’m using my VR headset and when I’m driving a single screen monitor.

I had a lot of testing that, 2 laps on a monitor and straight away in VR headset. Same track, same car, same conditions.
In VR FFB is sluggish, not tight and not sharp enough. Hard to feel grip limit of the tires comparing to a single monitor.
I've limited my fps in a single monitor to 90 so I would have the same frame rate as in VR.

tests:
track: Barcelona (offline/online mode, doesn't matter)
car: Porsche Cup (2022) (very sensitive car, and to push it to the limit is very important to feel every details from the wheels and track surface and to manage with the weight transfer as well)
win10 and win11

my specs are:
VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 (stable 90-91 FPS) with openXR + Opencomposite
GPU: 4090
CPU: 5800x3D
RAM: 16gb 3600 (XMP)
WB: Simucube 2 Pro

Any ideas?

• Deleted member 197115

Most likely VR taxing CPU enough to start blending physics steps.
- Enable fpsCounter by setting fpsVisible to 1 in
Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\hud.json
- Go to race and observe L counter (late physics).

Below is the description of all counters

FPS: frames per second
MS: number of milliseconds it takes to render a frame
O: physics thread occupancy in the CPU (as physics run single threaded) - reaching 99 gives you the occupancy warning as beyond that the physics are continually going late compared to the rendered image
L: late physics steps counter, means that the physics are running behind the graphics, which usually manifests itself in grainy FFB and a disconnected feel to the car, ideally this number should not increase at all during gameplay
B: blended physics steps, countermeasure for the above with prediction, not as bad as late steps but ideally shouldn't increase during regular gameplay, but might get this when the AI gets busy boinking each other and other physics-heavy situations
Longer singular stutters usually occur when there's a sudden bump of L or B steps
FMOD CPU: CPU occupancy of the audio thread
CH and REAL are FMOD-related readouts, not really relevant.

Most likely VR taxing CPU enough to start blending physics steps.
- Enable fpsCounter by setting fpsVisible to 1 in
Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\hud.json
- Go to race and observe L counter (late physics).

Below is the description of
I'll check this momentarily. If this is the case what can be done to help fix the issue.

• Deleted member 197115

I'll check this momentarily. If this is the case what can be done to help fix the issue.
Outside upgrading your CPU or switching to screen, nothing, I am afraid.
Could be wrong or it's old news but I remember ACC not being very friendly with AMD CPUs.

I have the same problem but in the original Assetto Corsa.

FFB doesn't feel as sharp or refined in VR vs Single Screen.

I have an i5-10600k, 2080Ti and Reverb G2.

Anyone could find any info about this difference in ffb?

I am at the point where, loving VR, I´m considering looking for a single screen solution due to the loss of quality of the FFB.

Playing in a 60 Hz LG TV vs 90 Hz Reverb G2, and can feel the loss in FFB sharpness and quality.

Playing AC, RF2, AMS2...I feel it at the moment I put my VR headset on.

My specs are RTX 3080, 5800X3D, 32 Gb RAM, Reverb G2 and Fanatec CSL DD.

VR looks absolutely amazing, but FFB feels odd and loose around center compared with single screen.

Don´t know how to fix this.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies