Ferrari 458 GT2 and URD EGT Ferrucio differences

Hi all,

I'm currently making a sound mod for the 458 GT2 because let's be honest: it's a great sounding car.

I was hoping to let people to use my mod on both versions but I'm kind of confused with the differences from the Kunos version and the URD one. The Kunos edition gear switch indicator flashes to switch gear at 7100RPM but the URD one goes all the way up to 9000RPM, from what I can gather it should be the same engine in both cars?

I could not find anything online that would indicate any change apart from the bodykit and aero, both sound identical on the videos I could find.

So, does anyone have any idea on this difference might be? Is it just a developer preference or is there an actual reason?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Its dev preference. The real life car(and kunos version) can rev to the moon but power significantly drops after about 7k making revving past that useless.

You can also examine the power curve for both cars in in the car list.

Yeah, the power curves do look similar now that I'm looking at it, didn't really think of that... I was kind of leaning towards it myself but wanted to get a second opinion before I started working on the URD one so I'll stick with that for the time being :)

Thanks for the help!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea