Fanatec : Wheelbase keeps disconnecting

Good (morning/evening) everyone,

Has anyone met recent issues with their Fanatec wheelbase ?

I will explained what were my issues…

I have purchased a Fanatec setup last month (ClubSport formula + CSL Elite v1.1 + Clubsport pedals v3) and I didn't have any issues so far. I have tried to play on Assetto Corsa a few minutes ago for the first time since 10 days and I had weird symptoms while I installed it on my computer.

• First, I have connected the setup and I have turned on the wheelbase. The wheelbase has started its calibration and I have turned a bit the wheel after it, the wheelbase has been disconnected.
  • Then, I have connected it again, the steering wheel has overreacted quite strongly. I had to stop it in order to protect my material.
  • I have checked the drivers, they were all up to date. I even repaired the wheelbase driver by the Fanatec wizard window and I have eventually unplugged and replugged my whole setup.
  • I have managed to start driving on Assetto Corsa but after no more than 3 minutes, the wheelbase has completely shut down again… :(

Has anyone met the same kind of issues here ? I have seen some similar topics on the Fanatec forum, which were opened recently without any answer for the moment. Can it be related to a Windows 10 update which has caused a mess on the drivers ?

Thanks in advance to those who will try to help me.

I had a couple of issues with a new csw 2,5 recently. At first it randomly switched off and the wheel would pull to a side. I dis- and reassembled everything and then it worked for an hour. Then it would switch into xbox-mode after a couple of minutes. I mailed support and was asked to make a video, which i did. I received a mail today, saying i should re-screw the screws inside the wheel connection, at the base and at the wheel itself. I had done this already, but did again and what should i say: i just drove a 2hour race without any problem, all together i drove about 4-5 hours today without any problems. Its completly weird, but maybe it helps.

Upvote 0
Good (morning/evening) everyone,

Has anyone met recent issues with their Fanatec wheelbase ?

I will explained what were my issues…

I have purchased a Fanatec setup last month (ClubSport formula + CSL Elite v1.1 + Clubsport pedals v3) and I didn't have any issues so far. I have tried to play on Assetto Corsa a few minutes ago for the first time since 10 days and I had weird symptoms while I installed it on my computer.

• First, I have connected the setup and I have turned on the wheelbase. The wheelbase has started its calibration and I have turned a bit the wheel after it, the wheelbase has been disconnected.
  • Then, I have connected it again, the steering wheel has overreacted quite strongly. I had to stop it in order to protect my material.
  • I have checked the drivers, they were all up to date. I even repaired the wheelbase driver by the Fanatec wizard window and I have eventually unplugged and replugged my whole setup.
  • I have managed to start driving on Assetto Corsa but after no more than 3 minutes, the wheelbase has completely shut down again… :(

Has anyone met the same kind of issues here ? I have seen some similar topics on the Fanatec forum, which were opened recently without any answer for the moment. Can it be related to a Windows 10 update which has caused a mess on the drivers ?

Thanks in advance to those who will try to help me.
Sounds like the issue I had with my v2.5. It ended up being the power supply. When I set the force feedback really low it woudn't turn off but if I went to med or heavy ffb it would turn off. I drove to a sim racing store where they had a power supply I was able to quickly test and solved the problem.

Upvote 0
I wish you had the solution, but I have the same issue with an USB 2.0... :unsure:
Thanks anyway

My mate had this with his new Fanatec this week, I asked him to turn off power management in Windows. You need to go to device manager, click on the USB hub, power management and untick the box. His problem went away.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late answer but I hadn't any issues anymore.
I have played for the first time in 3 months since the lockdown has been set up and things went back to normal. I didn't do anything except uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers. Maybe it was related to a Windows update, I don't know...

Thank you for all your answers, I appreciate your help ;)

Upvote 0
My mate had this with his new Fanatec this week, I asked him to turn off power management in Windows. You need to go to device manager, click on the USB hub, power management and untick the box. His problem went away.

Hope that helps.

I own a CSW 2.5 and a F1 V2 wheel and got both at the same time.

I had this issue where sometimes the button box doesn't act anymore i still have the steering going but no buttons, no paddles working. If i take out the wheel via the quick release and put it back it works again. So far it happened in practice a few times and only once during a race where you have to try to keep driving on the same gear and take out the wheel and put it back.

I used your recommendation I hope that helps. Reinstalling drivers and firmwares didn't seem to help so far. The issue doesn't happen often maybe once a week or so, So I'll report if it happens again or after a few weeks if it doesn't happen again.

I also had an issue when powering up the base, where sometimes it doesn't connect with the wheel and the power button keeps blinking. Removing and putting back the wheel fixes it every time, powering down and back up only worked a few times, most of the time you have to remove the wheel. This part didn't occur for a while so that could be related to windows.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea