F1 2017 Car Performance for F1 2020

Misc F1 2017 Car Performance for F1 2020 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
CaptainRobo submitted a new resource:

F1 2017 Car Performance for F1 2020 - F1 2017 car performance based on the 2017 game files and converted into 2020.

F1 2017 car performance based on the 2017 game files and converted into 2020. Additional changes include: 10% increase to the dirty air effect going from 15% to 25% and 3% increase in DRS power, so now DRS + slipstream = dirty air effect as well as a more realistic racing experience. Example lap time from 100 ai at Spain during a OSQ (1:16.933) by Ferrari. Will update this description with more detail to the changes I've made some point in the future. Copy paste and manual install available...

Read more about this resource...

you did it perfectly, both this and the 2018 files.. I'm also dealing with this but I don't understand it at this level. However, there are a few small things that I have edited: the DRS opens up bigger... Aero drag: instead of 0.85, it became 0.9, Aero force became 0.88 instead of 0.9, so it is a little easier to drive the cars, but it does not change the order of strength. I removed the dirty air lines from F1 22: instead of 0.75 and 0.9, it became 1.5 and 0.9.. but it's too easy to follow the other cars.. I think 1.3 and 0.9 are the ideal setting values..

you did it perfectly, both this and the 2018 files.. I'm also dealing with this but I don't understand it at this level. However, there are a few small things that I have edited: the DRS opens up bigger... Aero drag: instead of 0.85, it became 0.9, Aero force became 0.88 instead of 0.9, so it is a little easier to drive the cars, but it does not change the order of strength. I removed the dirty air lines from F1 22: instead of 0.75 and 0.9, it became 1.5 and 0.9.. but it's too easy to follow the other cars.. I think 1.3 and 0.9 are the ideal setting values..
Thank you for feedback! I hear what your saying about changing there aero force however I have not done any testing myself of changing this value so I will look into over the next few days, and then decide if I want to change anything, I kind of just wanted to make the game a bit more difficult especially in dirty air but idk this is just what I've come up with in the mean time, also I suspect particularly with this mod and the 2018 the effect of dirty is felt a bit more due to the lower downforce levels of these cars compared to the 19,20 and 21 but that's just speculation, however in 2017 and 18 the cars did produce slightly more dirty air before the 2019 rule changes so I guess it correlates somewhat. Anyways I've released the 2021 mod!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.