Resource icon

Misc F1 2013: 64 OSD Transparency Options 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

F1 2013: 64 OSD Transparency Options - 32 options with clean replay layouts + the same 32 with untouched replay layouts = 64!

Backups of all original game files are provided inside the BACKUP_FILES folder. These can come handy if restoring standard OSD features is needed at any point.

This mod offers 64 slightly different OSD layout transparency options, including clean replay & flashback screens features.
No_Replay_Layout_.jpg

32 options provide this, while 32 others keep the game's original standard replay/flashback...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I
It's all good. :) Just wanted to bump it back up closer to my new classic's one for better visibility.. To each their own, but IMHO, it's the devs job to try to satisfy each's own, just by providing more options than a small menu, which they obviously don't care enough (so far...), since they operate as a monopoly. No wonder their product's sales sink deeper and deeper, year after year. Just ranting (again). :cry:

I'd like to remove the starting lights only. How to do it?

You can use a freeware like Paint.NET (available to download and install for free after a simple search), and first open the game's original b_osd.pssg with the Ryder PSSG Editor, available at:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/ego-engine-app-pssg-editor.51731/ .

Once the original f12013\frontend\b_osd.pssg file is loaded (after you've made a safe backup of it), you click Export All Textures (the third option on the Status Bar).

Then you open the new folder where the textures were just stored in (named b_osd_pssg_textures), and look for 2 files named start_light.dds and start_light_new.dds. Open them in Paint.NET, press F4 to display the Layer Properties box, and scroll the slider for the Opacity property to zero (it's default value is 255). For more info, see: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/LayersMenu.html

Save the now transparent images by clicking OK at every box, and go back into Ryder PSSG Editor.

Once there, you click on Import All Textures, then save the new b_osd.pssg file. Make sure you made a backup of it somewhere b4 doing all that, in case you messed up something somewhere along the way (happens to me a lot), so you will still be able to start over and try again.

Last edited:
Alright! Let me know if you encounter any problem, and I'll see if I can help. This is a rather basic use of the PSSG file editor. I use a slightly different technique for these bigger mods, still made with Ryder's editor, but that technique begins by rendering the wrong-way indicator files transparent first, exactly like I described for the starting lights up here. The PSSG editor is then used to open the d_osd.pssg file, copy the wrong-way's RENDERSTREAMINSTANCE pointer string, and pasting that string into each shader field of each RENDERNODE's RENDERSTREAMINSTANCE of all the textures that I want to render transparent. That technique is more complex than just giving the Opacity properties of 1 or 2 files a value of zero, so I decided to go for the easiest one.
Good luck! :)

Last edited:
If you select the options using the Windows Explorer title bar, you can see the options 2 by 2, like some kind of a menu, if you will. You have to click on the first folder in the tree, and select the options 1 by 1 using the title bar (well, to be exact, it's the box that's just below the title bar). Hope you'll find the one combination you're looking for. Took me a couple days to do it. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.0%