rF2 F1 1979 @ Dijon-Prenois - 29th August 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I crashed relatively early and was facing a wall. Wanted to put it into reverse (does this car have reverse?) but the engine was off. I couldn't get him anymore and then I got out.

it was my first try with rf2 online but i won't give up.

I hope everyone else had fun. :thumbsup:

If you use paddles, you need to press both paddles to get the car into neutral from first, and then shift down to get it in reverse. You do not need to double-paddle it to get into neutral on the way back up.

If you use H-shifter reverse should work like always.

If the mod is made without an onboard starter, you can only restart the car in the pit.

I had a few spins, and never really felt on top of the fat Alfa, but bloody great cars all told. I used the Alfa at Mag park too and it was much happier there for real. 40 laps is a real test though, congrats to all who kept it on the Island.

That was a fun evening. Cars are tricky and it's a shame we had so many people drop out from the race for whatever reason.

However, the first half of the race with the 4-way battle for the lead was great fun. I lost the lead to Michel and tried slightly too hard in the final corner to get a run into T1 and just lost the rear, bouncing into Steve. A few laps of us spinning at the same corner later and I gave up for new tyres and to try and set fastest lap. Got down to 1:08.102 in the end which I was very happy with.

.....seems I can't join any server at rf2. Seems to be a common problem. Searching for a fix now. Thx for your help in discord.
What was poleposition time? Practiced one hour and curious how I would have compared to you guys. Cu next time
1:08.4xx. Next time you sign up for an event, try to join the server a few days before so we can help if it doesn't work again with plenty of time. :thumbsup:
Sorry for bailing early, the car became completely undrivable to a point where I crashed in the final turn. The rears were beyond hot, impossible to cool no matter what I did, even on the straight and the rear end wanted to swap ends at every corner and every acceleration zone. After the crash, I simply couldnt see myself continuing fighting a useless car for 25 more laps.
What on earth happened to the cars? They were great to drive at Magnificient Park, but utterly horrible here :(
I think it was just track characteristics. Magnificent Park had very open fast corners and a lot of slow ones. Dijon has three very long and fast corners, all in a row. They just heat the tyres up and don't give them time to recover. The left side tyres wore out much more than the ones on the right, so the balance switched sides and meant that the important ones struggled. 20 laps in and my Right tyres were 94% whole my left were at 88%.

Honestly, it probably meant that we were either driving too hard for the first half of the race, or needed to pit or take Hard tyres. This didn't feel like a mod issue, just strategy that we tried to avoid.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.