eRacing Lab RS Mega4U or PT Actuator Champion GT?

Wabbit_NL

Premium
Hi guys,

I am wondering if someone could push me over the edge by making a decision which system to buy, or even neither.... I am currently using the NLR motion platform V3 and I basically like it a lot but I run into the limitation of its force and it stops working occasionally.

Anyway, I am looking into the platform movers instead of the seat movers. After some extensive reading I am left with two options, the RS Mega4U or the PT Actuator system. The RS mega has some better specs (150mm travel to 100mm travel) than the PT Actuator and is somewhat cheaper. But I don't like the huge cabinet required for the drivers for the RS Mega and the big cable mess that comes with it. I have limited space for it and to get this all nice and neat looks a bit of a challenge.

So is there someone with experience with these system which one to choose from, or even something else that I even don't know yet??

Thanks!

Peter
The Netherlands

An RS MEGA+ user and have not seen the PT GT yet. But I remember reading the specs for the GT and the controller box is actually quite big. And seeing how the cables are hard wired to the controller will make it even harder to mange the cables.

Other then that I think they are very similar systems and support SRS software (highly recommend).

Last edited:
Wow, I am happy that I ordered from eracing lab, I sent the PT actuator guys (both germany and china office) over a week ago a couple of questions and neither gave any response, nothing!

Alex from eRacing checks by the minute!

Just to let ya know...

Christmas is early this year! Two heavy boxes came today, setting up and installing was really easy. Everything was clean and simple and it work fine first try. I am really impressed with the quality sofar, this is some serious gear.

I was only able to do a couple of laps in rfactor 2 but this feels really natural. Tommorrow is clean up time, because the amount of cables required to run this stuf is massive! Anyway, the story continues....

Yeah, took the mega4u. I am not planning on the belt tensioner and the side movement so this is fine!

It is really high end stuff, really smooth and very very silent. I am really happy!

Hey Peter ... happy motion-driving! Nice to hear, that the order arrived so quickly. Ordered 16th, got it 2nd - wow!

... when was it shipped, how long did it take without customs? I ordered some days ago (confirmed on 19th), and yes, Alex is very responsive when having a question - great initial support! ... For sure, the holidays will delay shipping - knowing this just helps a little ... ... if you´ve got more to tell, you are very welcome ;)

best, xof
near hamburg, germany

Last edited:
Hey, shipping without customs (they delayed the most) was a day of 4 - 5 and customs about the same. I think from the moment i made the payment all together 2 weeks. And yes very happy with the system. In the meanwhile i finalized the project with a patch cabinet and did the cable management. I am a daily driver in iRacing, rFactor, lfm assetto corsa and assetto corsa competizione and all is well really a very good system!

Br Peter

Attachments

• 20231209_153027.jpg
    20231209_153027.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 20231209_153039.jpg
    20231209_153039.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 20231217_124407.jpg
    20231217_124407.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 137
Hey, shipping without customs (they delayed the most) was a day of 4 - 5 and customs about the same. I think from the moment i made the payment all together 2 weeks. And yes very happy with the system. In the meanwhile i finalized the project with a patch cabinet and did the cable management. I am a daily driver in iRacing, rFactor, lfm assetto corsa and assetto corsa competizione and all is well really a very good system!

Br Peter
Hey Peter - what cabinet are you using?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes