EA Sports WRC EA Sports WRC – proper triple screen support coming?

whitestar

Thou shalt not pass...unless thou be faster
Yes, I know about the whole debacle and backlash they received for this. But what you may not know is that they changed the text:

Old:
triples_old.png

New:
triples.png

So that would at least indicate there's a good chance proper support is coming, right?

(Thanks to Rivanov over at GT Planet for making me aware of this)

Last edited:
Downloaded it this morning, no options for triple screen FoV / Bezel adjustment / screen angle that I could find. Ran a quick stage with resolution set to 7680 x 1440 for my triple screens and image only displayed on center screen. Some people on Steam report that it may work in borderless mode, so I will try that later.

Last edited:
Downloaded it this morning, no options for triple screen FoV / Bezel adjustment / screen angle that I could find. Ran a quick stage with resolution set to 7680 x 1440 for my triple screens and image only displayed on center screen. Some people on Steam report that it may work in borderless mode, so I will try that later.
Nvidia?
Then you need to use surround with the surround bezel correction.
There's no angle adjustment or anything yet, as stated in this thread.
With 80 pixels of bezel correction, you should see that resolution too, which would be 3x2560 + 160 = 7840x1440.

On a couple of occasions, my game also reverted to single screen. I found that going into graphics settings where the resolution of all 3 screens was already entered and then backing out again seems to fix the issue.

On a couple of occasions, my game also reverted to single screen. I found that going into graphics settings where the resolution of all 3 screens was already entered and then backing out again seems to fix the issue.
same problem for me and i use the same solution ;)

Did anyone test this?

I don't have the game yet so I can't test.
EDIT: Looking at the comments it seems like a red herring.

Last edited:
Did anyone test this?

EDIT: Looking at the comments it seems like a red herring.
I tried this, and it looked exactly the same as using Nvidia surround in full screen boarderless mode to me, i.e crap.

All this seems to do is give the option to set a custom resolution for the game to use, without using Nvidia surround, but with the same flaws that you would expect without proper triple screen support.

Did anyone test this?

Why exactly does he do it that way?
I never tested AMD Eyefinity but with nvidia GPUs, you simply set up Surround, type in the bezel correction and then select the resolution ingame with the bezel correction pixels (virtual pixels behind your bezels so you don't have a gap in your view).

There's still the issue of no angular correction of the perspective on the side monitors so you'd have to make them a flat plane, instead of your usual 50-60° or you'll have a bent view that can lead to motion sickness for some people.

Anyway, he does a major mistake though and apparently didn't see the text on the right side in the menu.
He first explains how to use a FOV calculator but fails to see that the number ingame is NOT the degrees of FOV!
The slider goes from 0-100 but the FOV only has a range of 18°-68°.
So you have 18°-68° divided into 100 steps.
68° minus 18° => FOV range of 50°.
Which means every 2 numbers = 1°.
To set his FOV to 34°, he would need to go from 18° to 34°, which means 16° from the setting of 0.
16°*2 = 32 steps.

So he's lucky, since he almost matched his calculated FOV by accident.
He set the setting to 34, which means 34/2 = 17° higher than the 18° at a setting of 0.
So his FOV isn't 34°, it's 17°+18° = 35°.

Imagine your calculates FOV would be 48°.
This would require:
48°-18° = 30° => 60 steps
He would set it to 48 though, which only means 24° higher than 18°, which results in a FOV of 42°.

Sure, not really that far off, but you can definitely see the difference between 42° and 48°!

Imo you don't need to use calculated FOV anyway and simple use whatever feels best for you, but if you make a video with a FOV calculator, you better do it correctly..

• Deleted member 197115

LOL, was doing that exact math myself few days ago figuring out where to set FOV slider.
The idea behind that nonsense is completely beyond my comprehension. :O_o:

LOL, was doing that exact math myself few days ago figuring out where to set FOV slider.
The idea behind that nonsense is completely beyond my comprehension. :O_o:
They probably had some coding regulations that every slider in the settings has to go from 0 to 100. But you can't use 0° FOV, so they did this wild math thingy that almost gives you the correct FOV if you're someone that calculates his FOV, lol.
It's pretty accurate up to 45° and there's almost no one who cares about exact FOV values that uses more than that.

It's absolutely moronic though...

Imo you don't need to use calculated FOV anyway and simple use whatever feels best for you, but if you make a video with a FOV calculator, you better do it correctly..
What I normally do is calculate the fov first, because that usually ends up in the ballpark area although too narrow. So I then make it a bit wider based on personal preference.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.