Driving school not working

Hi all,

I am just revisiting GTR2 and I wanted to try the driving school and there is nothing there, just the menu's. I have been playing the game for a while but I never tried the driving school.
I looked in the Gamedata folder and the driving school folder is there.
Can anyone help. Thank you.

First you should install GTR2/PnG outside c:\program files, so try another place like d:\GAMES\GTR2

Second, GTR2 was designed for windows xp so it is necessary to right click on all EXE files and set Windows XP compatibility + check administrator rights

If you have already launched the game (it seems to be your case) then delete the gtr2 folder in "my documents"

Save them before deleting and you'll be able to copy them at their new place when they'll be created.
I have 3 GTR2 installs and each has its own saving folders.

In each GTR2 main folder, you'll find some folders which were in your documents: "ReplayData" and "TimeTrial", in GTR2/UserData you'll have the folders "LOG", "LOG_Dedicated", "Yourusername" containing "Championships", "Save" and "Settings" subfolders + other files as .plr and .gal for example.

+ in the GTR2/Gamedata of course the "DrivingSchool" folder.

Else said, everything that was in your Documents before will be in the GTR2 installs.
And more than one GTR2 install doesn't make any problem ... as each one has its own separate folders .... = more possibilities if needed ;)

Last edited:
Save them before deleting and you'll be able to copy them at their new place when they'll be created.
I have 3 GTR2 installs and each has its own saving folders.

In each GTR2 main folder, you'll find some folders which were in your documents: "ReplayData" and "TimeTrial", in GTR2/UserData you'll have the folders "LOG", "LOG_Dedicated", "Yourusername" containing "Championships", "Save" and "Settings" subfolders + other files as .plr and .gal for example.

+ in the GTR2/Gamedata of course the "DrivingSchool" folder.

Else said, everything that was in your Documents before will be in the GTR2 installs.
And more than one GTR2 install doesn't make any problem ... as each one has its own separate folders .... = more possibilities if needed ;)

Thanks Jempy I will try and as you said I can back up the My Documents folder.

Yep do as jempy said, move gtr2 install outside program files then move your gtr2 duplicate from mydocuments to your new gtr2 install location...and do not forget to right click on every EXE you find inside GTR2 directory (gtr2.exe,gtr2config.exe,sudo.exe, etc...) : click property tab and enable windows XP sp2 compatibility + check Administrator rights, and now gtr2 will no more duplicate settings in mydocuments.

Thank you, thank you, thank you GTR233 and Jempy it now works. I did not think I could do all you explained but I did my best and to my great surprise it worked. You guys really understand this stuff well, I really appreciate it.
Now how do I get my profile stats back??
Thanks again.

Mmm...your profile settings/stuff should be inside gtr2\UserData\YOURPROFILE

So either you forgot to copy-paste some files, or some settings did not work properly before due to win xp compatibilty issues I guess...

Look for Career.blt file ... in the folder mentioned by GTR233 ...
If you don't find it in the new install .... I suppose you still have it in the backup of your documents.

I still have them, no matter win XP compatibility it seems.
Older GTR2 stats are still there after reinstall of everything in a new SSHD one year ago, after pasting the backup Userdata folder into the new installs.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 56 36.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 90 58.1%