Do you actually enjoy sim rig building?

Over the weekend, I setup a GT Omega wheel stand with my old timber stand laid to rest. I upgraded a few weeks ago to the T3pa Pro pedals, which are not exactly light weigh. With my timber stand I could adapt a my own config with screws an brackets, but with a rig it's pre drilled yes good in theory but a little frustrating in fitting. Main issue holes are not marked on the fitting plates. When it comes to fitting your expensive heavy kit, holding it with one hand an fumbling to get bolt in upside down you can't see :mad:

I watched Gamer Muscle build his F1GT rig, was like a 7/8 hour stream :rolleyes: must be a nightmare for rig reviewing

I know once all the hard work is done we love :)

Care to share your experience:)

Last edited:
I really like rig building, in an ideal world I'd love an 80/20 but budget constraints mean that won't happen anytime soon. I built my own from timber as MDF and it's rock solid. Plus point is I can add to it easily with screws/glue/bolts. I also like making and adapting hardware. I've modified pedals, made a sequential shifter, repurposed various screens for other stuff. It's fun.

Upvote 0
@Spinelli there are a couple of interesting and useful posts about @Mascot's ingenious method of mounting the V3 sunken into the P1 chassis. Myself and a few others have either made similar mounts with varying materials or have directly 'borrowed' his design and parts list. I think it's in the "Buying advice for v3 motion platform" thread, if I'm not mistaken.

Upvote 0
I spend more time adjusting my rig, planning upgrades, reading forums than I do racing :rolleyes: Simlabs P1 with NLR V3 and now I discover @Mascot has worked out a way to drop the seat considerably, after I spent a few months raising the rest of the rig. Now got an eye on a DIY project for 4 actuators :roflmao:

Upvote 0
Yeah, planning and designing is as fun as racing. Now, I'm spending countless hours in designing and making my steering wheel button box. It's addictive because you feel creative, as you are making something unique, and it's also a challenge that improves different abilities and make you learn many things (for instance, now I'm learning CAD) that can help you with many other projects or tasks.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea