Do penalties actually apply during a race ?

If i cut the track during a race, do i get penalized? Or if i bump another car during the race, are any penalties imposed? i don't see any penalties actually applying to me during the race

the only penalty i see applying is if i speed in the pit lane

You will get a time or a drive through penalty if you cut the track often enough. There are no penalties for collisions, but your safety rating will suffer.

If i cut the track during a race, do i get penalized? Or if i bump another car during the race, are any penalties imposed? i don't see any penalties actually applying to me during the race

If you're doing league races, the organizers have the option to spectate a race and review incidents just like in real life. The organizers can then dish out penalties in different forms and sizes.

Last edited:

Cutting and ACC detecting a time gain: 3x a warning, 4th cut = drive through penalty

Crashing = Safety Rating penalty

If you didn't gain time while cutting, you'll see a little message "No Time Gained". Enable all messages etc in the HUD settings!

Some tracks have very leniant track borders, others are very strict.
If you want to test this: load COTA (Circuit of the Americas) and drive straight through the snake section of Sector 1.
Harsh track borders and in Multiplayer races, you'll see lots and lots of DT penalties :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%