Disappearing Track Surface Texture.

Good Day All.

In my latests track build I've got a rather strange issue. One section of track, pitlane entrance, disappears as the car makes contact with it.

As seen in the screenshots. It's there, visible, but as soon as the car touches that section of track, it disappears, though remains drivable. It's not only on pit entry. This is the same when lapping past the pit lane, as the car crosses over the blended portion, the pitlane surface disappears. But it is always visible when you return round at the end of each lap.

The track surface material is the same mat as used on other sections of the circuit, and has the same properties.

The object properties are visible at all times, and also identical to all other track obj.

I've tried removing the track obj, and reimporting it from BTB to 3DSimEd with a new t.obj name.

Nothing seems to work. It doesn't impact racing as the track remains drivable at all times, so the car doesn't just drop down through a hole in the ground. but it's aesthetically irritating.

Solution suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• Lanark pitlane screen 1.jpg
    Lanark pitlane screen 1.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Lanark pitlane screen 2.jpg
    Lanark pitlane screen 2.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Lanark pitlane screen 3.jpg
    Lanark pitlane screen 3.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 44
  • Lanark pitlane screen 4.jpg
    Lanark pitlane screen 4.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Lanark pitlane screen 5.jpg
    Lanark pitlane screen 5.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 37
FIXED.
Solution: Went back into BTB, copied the pitlane and pasted in as a new track. Removed the unnecessary segments retaining only the section before the pitlane speed limiter line.

Imported it into the model by 3DsimEd raised it by +0.002 on the Z axis to avoid any 'flickering' of double layers.

The new track layer and material is working fine, no issues. Though I'm at a loss as to why the original segment was behaving so oddly.

Attachments

• Lanark screen 1.jpg
    Lanark screen 1.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Lanark screen 2.jpg
    Lanark screen 2.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 27

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • More leagues