Disappearing non-collidable objects

There is a funny issue with some objects in some tracks. Basically, an object, such as tire bundle or guardrail, may or may not be visible when you load the track, and you can always drive through it (whether it is visible or not), even though it has CollTarget=True.

I have tried everything - also setting HATTarget=True (even though it should be False really), deleting HAT file, enabling HAT rebuilding etc. I have renamed both the object and the material in case the names were reserved, which made no difference. I even made a cube of the same material, and it was visible all right, and collision worked for it too. Help, I am out of ideas.

This can actually be reproduced with some of the released tracks. For example, Albi 2006, which you can find by googling "Albi 2006 for GTR2". There are guardrail objects grdr_pit00 thru grdr_pit07 which you can see even without driving from the pit box. You load the track, click Drive, and the objects are there. You quit the track, load it again, drive - they are gone. There is a concrete barrier behind them, otherwise you would find that the car does not collide with them either. The material is called GRDR_COLOR_2, which I don't think has any special meaning in GTR2. The objects are defined like this:

Instance=grdr_pit07
{
MeshFile=grdr_pit07.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=True ShadowReceiver=True
Response=VEHICLE,TERRAIN
}

I don't see anything suspicious here, other than an extra trailing space (which does not make any difference anyway).

There are other objects like this on the same track, e.g. tire_withe00 or tire_withe_pit00, which you can also drive through even though they are defined as collision targets.

This might not be the solution but i'm thinking back to when i had a similar issue with armco barriers disappearing and being able to drive through them in GTR2 tracks. It may be the material which is causing it to disappear. If you change the material properties to double sided then it might solve it.
There's also been occasions when i've had to turn walls / rails / tyre barriers around for them to be collision targets.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Forum trophies