Dilano van 't Hoff passes after accident at Spa-Francorchamps

:(

F1 world champion Max Verstappen has slammed the motorsport industry for failing to protect drivers after the death of a young star.

Last edited:
R.I.P. Dilano

skysports-dilano-van-t-hoff_6204415.jpg

Last edited:
They did change things (Eau Rouge/Radillion reprofiled with bigger runoffs) , and the accident didnt even happen at same place. And I certainly do not agree with Stroll's dumb comments about changes HAVE to be made to the track. Hopefully Spa decision makers see a bigger picture before they turn to knee-jerk reactions.
Look, its not the track's fault, its poor weather and a bad stationary position, in a 90 degrees angle, on a straight with bad visibility. All that combined with a hit in the worst possible place. The poor guy was as unlucky as you can get really.
Two things would have prevented the disaster - either we all stop racing in the rain or the governing bodies around the world design safer, more durable cockpits around the head/torso area. Third - they should look into helmet technology with smart visor displays that can outline a car sillouette to help the driver in bad visibility like rain and fog - a visor-HUD with radar functionality.

Of course, to the sport profiles of famous corners are more important till your name was Senna.
If he had never died they would never have made Tamburello safer so his name was not in vain.
It took Ayrton's death before they stopped using concrete barriers.
If it was a junior driver would they have made the same changes ? I think not.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.