Deleted Track

Unfortunately RD have now deleted the Docklands track upload, stating that posting the medafire link and not the track file goes against the RD rules.

Not sure why RD have taken the stance of deleting the track when you are given the option to attach the track file OR post an external download link uploading a mod on RD.
As far as I can tell nothing I did went against the MOD upload rules.

Having spent several hours making multiple attempts over two days to unsuccessfully upload the actual track zip, (due to problems with RD's server, the uploads were dropping at 40%. ) Hence why I posted the download link. Obviously, l'm not best pleased the track has now be deleted after having spent so much time trying to upload lt,

A link for the track has been posted on Trackaholics'.

Can attest to Caribstu's efforts. I appreciate his new tracks and all the extra effort of editing and uploading videos to youtube of those tracks.

Definitely prefer downloads right on RD so RD has a point but hopefully they give you the chance to upload it directly once the server's are settled from that outage yesterday.

I sent a message to the mods in support.

Last edited:
Can attest to Caribstu's efforts. I appreciate his new tracks and all the extra effort of editing and uploading videos to youtube of those tracks.

Definitely prefer downloads right on RD so RD has a point but hopefully they give you the chance to upload it directly once the server's are settled from that outage yesterday.

I sent a message to the mods in support.
Thanks Shovas.

Every time the upload failed, there was a pop up message saying 'Oops something went wrong, attach a file OR an external url link. Tried at least 20 times to attach the file before eventually posting the track with just the mediafire link.
To spend so much time then have the track taken down with a message stating ' Your resource DOCKLANDS v 2.0 was deleted. Reason: Not a mod, just an external link in breach of our rules. Do NOT do this again. ' was REALLY annoying.

Not sure why RD have taken the stance of deleting the track when you are given the option to attach the track file OR post an external download link uploading a mod on RD.
As far as I can tell nothing I did went against the MOD upload rules.
Hi there. Your mod was deleted after being reported for breaching our rules. Did you see the bit in the rules about external links?

You state that you are given the option to attach a file OR post a link, but I'm baffled by this because you are in fact only given the option to attach a file. (See pic below.) What did you see which gave you the impression that you could post an external download link?

Edit: Ah I have just noticed the post directly above mine (had only read your first post until now). I suspect we'll have to adjust that error message which implies that a link is OK. Apologies for the confusion!

I'm unsure what went wrong during the file upload process. Will look into that separately.

(Meanwhile, I'm hoping that we will soon be able to increase our maximum file size.)

1703882685596.png

Last edited:
Update: the other option mentioned in our rules is to request authorisation for an external link.
@Caribstu - you could get in touch with @Bram Hengeveld to request this.

Quoting the relevant text from the rules: "Posting links and/or hyperlinked text to downloads that are not hosted on www.racedepartment.com/downloads/, but rather an external third party website, will be removed unless the user has been specifically authorised by RaceDepartment to do so."

Regarding the errors when uploading @Caribstu, if I recall correctly you said in your mod that the file was too big for our servers but this is meant to generate a specific (and informative) error. I've just verified that our server gave me the error message below when I attempted to upload an oversized file. Did you not get this?

1703883421619.png

Hi there. Your mod was deleted after being reported for breaching our rules. Did you see the bit in the rules about external links?

You state that you are given the option to attach a file OR post a link, but I'm baffled by this because you are in fact only given the option to attach a file. (See pic below.) What did you see which gave you the impression that you could post an external download link?

Edit: Ah I have just noticed the post directly above mine (had only read your first post until now). I suspect we'll have to adjust that error message which implies that a link is OK. Apologies for the confusion!

I'm unsure what went wrong during the file upload process. Will look into that separately.

(Meanwhile, I'm hoping that we will soon be able to increase our maximum file size.)

View attachment 717304
Thanks for responding.
The track file's only 135mb and l didn't have this problem uploading my first two tracks which are of similar size. Suspected the server problem was part of the issue so waited until the next day when the server seemed to be back up and tried multiple times again. On one attempt the upload reached 71% however all other attempts dropped at 40%. Eventually gave up and posted the track using the mediafire link believing that was ok because of the Oops error pop up message.

Thanks for responding.
The track file's only 135mb and l didn't have this problem uploading my first two tracks which are of similar size. Suspected the server problem was part of the issue so waited until the next day when the server seemed to be back up and tried multiple times again. On one attempt the upload reached 71% however all other attempts dropped at 40%. Eventually gave up and posted the track using the mediafire link believing that was ok because of the Oops error pop up message.
OK no worries, I must be mixing your mod up with another recent one which was too big.
If you want to retry the upload and it fails, please @ mention me and I can try it for you if you provide a source.

@Neilski Just tried again and t's still dropping the track zip at about 80%

Don't fully understand this instruction. "please @ mention me and I can try it for you if you provide a source"

Last edited:
Have the upload screen open on another tab, all text, screenshots, embedded video etc, just the track zip won't upload.
You know that problem some people have with mediafire when their system fire wall stops them uploading beyond 20%, seems like that.

@Neilski Just tried again and t's still dropping the track zip at about 80%

Don't fully understand this instruction. "please @ mention me and I can try it for you if you provide a source"
OK, thanks for trying. I will review our logs at some point to see if I can learn why it was happening; I probably won't be able to form any conclusions though, so my best guess right now is that it's being caused by hiccups somewhere between your ISP and ours. (I've been able to upload multiple 500+ MB files tonight in testing.)

Meanwhile, sorry for not being too clear about what I meant. Please go ahead and save the mod with a placeholder as the file (e.g. a picture) and then PM me with a location where I can find the real file and I'll have a go at uploading it on your behalf :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea