Dedicated Server Issue

Hi,

i am trying to create a server so that I can play with a friend.

I have followed this guide:

And i have made some progress, but not completely there.

I am running latest version of ACC and have downloaded the dedicated server Tool. I also have the GUI downloaded from RaceDepartment. I have been through settings and I believe I made the right choices for UDP / TCP Settings in my router.

When I start the Server in the GUI and then start the game, I can see my server (with the correct name) under my LAN servers. But there is no Ping next to the server and my friend can't find the server when he searches.

What can I be doing wrong? I have a Zyxel router and it was a bit hard to find exactly how to get the port forwarding to work and i am not completely sure if it is actually working, but under NAT/port forwarding i made two additions one being UDP one being TCP and gave it the values i put in the GUI. I am really lost at this point.

Would appreciate some help, maybe even some screen sharing. Help!

Wish Kunos could make it like AMS2 just click a button ingame and done !. Like you i tried to set up a server for me and a mate but found it too complicated and ended up going to AMS 2 instead.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am running latest version of ACC and have downloaded the dedicated server Tool. I also have the GUI downloaded from RaceDepartment. I have been through settings and I believe I made the right choices for UDP / TCP Settings in my router.

When I start the Server in the GUI and then start the game, I can see my server (with the correct name) under my LAN servers. But there is no Ping next to the server and my friend can't find the server when he searches.

What can I be doing wrong? I have a Zyxel router and it was a bit hard to find exactly how to get the port forwarding to work and i am not completely sure if it is actually working, but under NAT/port forwarding i made two additions one being UDP one being TCP and gave it the values i put in the GUI. I am really lost at this point.

Try going into your router setup and find "Dmz" , enter the last 2 digits of your Ip address and enable.
Of course this only works if you have these settings. I've read where it kinda opens up your computer but I don't have any confidential info on my gaming pc.
Later

Try going into your router setup and find "Dmz" , enter the last 2 digits of your Ip address and enable.
Of course this only works if you have these settings. I've read where it kinda opens up your computer but I don't have any confidential info on my gaming pc.
Honestly I wouldn't recommend that, unless perhaps as a test to see if it fixes the problems. (If it does, then you can infer that they were probably caused by the router port forwarding settings etc.; if it doesn't then you've got another issue, e.g. a few people lately have been discovering that their router didn't have a public-facing IP number at all but was NATed.)

Hi,

Did you ever get this sorted and if so, how? I'm having the same issue and it's so frustrating. Thanks.

I'm in exactly the same position.
I've left the ports default, Opened up the ports on the firewall
Nothing in the list for me or my friends.

Disabled the firewall
Nothing in the List for me or my friends

Disabled the Firewall and put the machine in a DMZ
Nothing in the list for me or my friends

Hyper frustrating. At this point I'm thinking about just renting a server!

I'm in exactly the same position.
I've left the ports default, Opened up the ports on the firewall
Nothing in the list for me or my friends.

Disabled the firewall
Nothing in the List for me or my friends

Disabled the Firewall and put the machine in a DMZ
Nothing in the list for me or my friends

Hyper frustrating. At this point I'm thinking about just renting a server!
On the Server GUI make sure you have "Register To Lobby" Checked otherwise it'll think it's a Lan server instead a online server.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%