Custom Livery quality issues

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
Just wondering if anyone else has found a solution to this? I know the game creates a lower res dds file when you first enter a session after creating your car but every time I end up with weird marks / rubbish quality decals. It's not the source image as it's a good res and doesnt show any issues in the car viewer in game (where it uses the original better quality DDS)

I know there have been posts regarding the quality of custom liveries in the past, just wondering if there is anything I can do?

1677075902655.png

Tried generating the dds_1 files with race element? It should generate them with high quality.

Let me know about the possible results!
is that this?

Very interesting, deleting the ACC created dds file and creating it with the above program cleared up the random lines greatly. I can only presume the quality the ACC version saves as is terrible. Many thanks for the tip!

Also found when saving to png with my version of Pohotshop (which is quite old) there were no options for compression. I downloaded GIMP, chose 0 compression and now when the game creates the livery there are no issues!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.