CSP 1.78

I have just installed it and I have found some very cool obvious improvements and addons, especially for VR users (finally). Now we can use our VR controllers in the game, which is not for me, but maybe others could be interested. One very cool feature though is that you can link your virtual hands to your controllers. It's not very useful, but quite cool, as you can see your driving gloves and make gestures with your hands. We also have a nice loading screen when the game jumps into VR mode. Before I could see blured and distorted generic icon, while now we have a window with an image and information about the car, track, etc. Great! Also, the moving trees and other animated elements have been fixed. However, it looks like the smoke is gone. Is it a bug? Is this happening to you too? Finally, I noticed that, no matter the graphic load, my fps counter jumps every few seconds from 80/79 to 40. I could fix that by enabling Adjust frametime to improve smoothness (CSP/General patch settings), which I had disabled before.

Last edited:
I have just installed it and I have found some very cool obvious improvements and addons, especially for VR users (finally). Now we can use our VR controllers in the game, which is not for me, but maybe others could be interested. One very cool feature though is that you can link your virtual hands to your controllers. It's not very useful, but quite cool, as you can see your driving gloves and make gestures with your hands. We also have a nice loading screen when the game jumps into VR mode. Before I could see blured and distorted generic icon, while now we have a window with an image and information about the car, track, etc. Great! Also, the moving trees and other animated elements have been fixed. However, it looks like the smoke is gone. Is it a bug? Is this happening to you too? Finally, I noticed that, no matter the graphic load, my fps counter jumps every few seconds from 80/79 to 40. I could fix that by enabling Adjust frametime to improve smoothness (CSP/General patch settings), which I had disabled before.
Updated to 1.79 and still no tyre smoke :( The rain effects, however, are very impressive.

I am not the only one affected by the smoke issue: link
Some say that you have to reset the Particle settings to fix it, but I did so and nothing changed. I'll keep on trying, disabling mods, trying with different ppfilters and video configs, trying with flat screen instead of VR... If you have any suggestions I'd apreciatte it.

I have reached the conclusion that the smoke is working, but not the way I was expecting. It seems that the smoke generation is differently than before. I may not have noticed this before because I only hotlap and dont see other cars nor watch replays. I was expecting smoke from my tyres from the very start. Can you do this for me and see what is your result: engage N, full throttle and engage first gear? With the stock smoke generator, that causes a little smoke from the rear tyres when they spin, but not now with CSP. Even if I start doing donnuts, there's no smoke... until I keep on trying. Can it be that the tyres need heating up? After a while, I can see smoke when I keep on doing more donnuts or drifting, and even when I brake hard (from the front tyres).

Last edited:
I rememember there was setting in CSP ("new smoke" or "alternative smoke" ?) that i had enabled and lost tyre smoke aswell. It was making smoke "more realistic" but was simply not working on my card, disabling it gave me "old" smoke but plentyful of it, straight from start (burnout or whatnot, all good, same for hard braking).

Guys, question- problem on csp newer than 1.76; Do yo have problem with tyres not showing correctly with csp 1.77 and up? For me, only with csp 1.76 and down, the tyres are showing ok (meaning, texture, logos etc). Can anyone help?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 448 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 278 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 26.7%
Back