CSL DD wheel rotation

Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
Premium
After spending most of 2023 racing in Assetto Corsa I decided to dip back into AMS2 after all of the recent updates.

Previously I had a G27 and I now have a CSL DD. I like to set up wheel rotation so it's very direct but I can't seem to get that set up (I had no issues with my G27). I have to reduce the rotation to the minimum in the wheel software to get somewhere that feels ok.

I'm probably missing something in the wheel or game settings. Can anyone share their settings so I can try again?

After spending most of 2023 racing in Assetto Corsa I decided to dip back into AMS2 after all of the recent updates.

Previously I had a G27 and I now have a CSL DD. I like to set up wheel rotation so it's very direct but I can't seem to get that set up (I had no issues with my G27). I have to reduce the rotation to the minimum in the wheel software to get somewhere that feels ok.

I'm probably missing something in the wheel or game settings. Can anyone share their settings so I can try again?
AMS 2 and Fanatec support automatic wheel rotation--in simple terms, every car will auto-adjust to the correct steering ratio because the game and wheel talk to each other. On older wheels, this is called "Auto" steering sensitivity. Not sure about the CSL DD, but it definitely has the feature and it resolves all the issues of mismatching ratios as you try to go from a go kart to a 1960's road car to a giant truck :)

I have also upgrading from a Logitech G29 to the fanatec 5NM DSL DD (which is firmware defaulted to 1080degree) and Assetto Corsa (content manager) and AMS2 in windows 11 and was facing the same problem where the wheel rotation doesn't match the virtual steering. The G29 has no issue in matching rotation.

Solution:
I solved it by going to the fanatec control panel software->Tuning Menu->Set Wheel Base Sensitivity from AUTO to 1080.

In content manger->Assetto Corsa->Controls->Steering to 1080, Gamma :1.00, Scale:100%, uncheck Auto-Adjust scale to match car's steering lock Filter and speed sensitivity 0%

AMS2 also works fine with the Sensitivity 1080 change.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea