Tracks Creating kerbs in blender - what method to use?

Hi everyone! absolute newbie to the forum so sorry if this is not exactly the right section :)

so, i'm completely new to 3d modelling and i have 0 acknowledgment of how you create a track, but the willing to learn isn't missing at all, and because of that i've tried to go as far as i could in the track creation with blender-track creation tutorials but unfortunately i'm already stuck after creating only the road (which to be fair doesn't either seem to be that good when i'll have to create physical collision surfaces), that's because after the road i'd like to go ahead and create the kerbs along it, but searching very deep into google and youtube there seems to be no method explained for a beginner on how to create a kerb, and most important how to create one with the shape you need, in my case, i'm struggling with inner kerbs that has a "semi-circular" shape (will leave you attached a screenshot of what i mean). May i ask for your help if you have a method to share explained to someone that doesn't exactly know what he's doing?:D

extra point which isn't fundamental but would like to get some thoughts, i've "created" my personal method of doing outer kerbs with rumble strips by creating a plane and modelling it with extrusion and vertices merging.. will leave you another attachment, could this method affect the driving when you ride it? meaning i get kind of a "buggy" feeling?

thanks in advance for any help you'll want to give me :)

-semi circular shaped kerb-
cordolo interno.PNG

-my outer kerb method-
cordolo esterno.PNG

I use a mesh with an array modifier (so it copies x amount in X-direction), then create a spline where I want my kerbs to be, set a Curve modifier on the kerb mesh and select the right kerb. The camber of the kerbs can be changed by changing the tilt value of the curve's vertices.
Point of origin is very important, it has to be at 0,0,0 for the curve if the kerb starts at 0,0,0. See attached file (remove .TXT).

Attachments

• kerb_test.blend.txt
    808.8 KB · Views: 136
I use a mesh with an array modifier (so it copies x amount in X-direction), then create a spline where I want my kerbs to be, set a Curve modifier on the kerb mesh and select the right kerb. The camber of the kerbs can be changed by changing the tilt value of the curve's vertices.
Point of origin is very important, it has to be at 0,0,0 for the curve if the kerb starts at 0,0,0. See attached file (remove .TXT).
This was the best response I have found so far to this question. Including a simple real blender example makes all the difference, thanks!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 168 87.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 36.5%