Corner marker

Aaaaand another dwightone simple question :D

I don't need it myself as I learn the tracks but it would help someone I race with but the only problem is the corner marker is so huge on the screen it obstructs the view if anything. Is there a way to reduce it in size?

Yes but you need to know how to manipulate texture files that use an Alpha Transparency.

Unlike some textures, the Corner Markers cannot just be resized smaller or larger and have the result show up on screen. They need to keep their original 128 x 128 size.

This image below shows what I mean. The new smaller Corner Marker is still 128 x128 but all the black on the outside of the marker is transparent. And no I have not done all the Corner Markers. This was done only as proof of concept for this question.

Attachments

• Corner Marker Size.jpg
    Corner Marker Size.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 61
Yes but you need to know how to manipulate texture files that use an Alpha Transparency.

Unlike some textures, the Corner Markers cannot just be resized smaller or larger and have the result show up on screen. They need to keep their original 128 x 128 size.

This image below shows what I mean. The new smaller Corner Marker is still 128 x128 but all the black on the outside of the marker is transparent. And no I have not done all the Corner Markers. This was done only as proof of concept for this question.
Interesting. On a tangent, how difficult is it to add markers to a track?

On a tangent, how difficult is it to add markers to a track?
Considering you need 3DSimED to add the various corner marker objects to a track it depends on how well you know how to use the program I guess. The corner markers cannot be added by just editing the TRK file in a text editor.

Reactions: jgf
Considering you need 3DSimED to add the various corner marker objects to a track it depends on how well you know how to use the program I guess. The corner markers cannot be added by just editing the TRK file in a text editor.
Thanks. Answers my question perfectly; I don't have that program, never used it. Of course "anything is easy once you know how", lol.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%