Clubsport V3 setup

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
I bought a set of V3s last month and there is no question that they have made me more consistent. However, I am struggling to trail brake with them effectively as the lift off doesn't seem very progressive with the way I have them set up at the moment.

I didn't get the brake performance kit, but I have put the preload to the highest position to make the pedal much firmer, and I wondered if this was making my trail braking less effective.

For those of you with V3s - how have you set them up? I know it is a personal thing, but I am interested to fiddle around to try and find the sweet spot. I am in two minds about the performance kit - I am not sure if making the brake pedal harder will help.

I have also disabled the vibration motors. Does anyone actually use them? I was finding that they just vibrated whenever I stood on the brake to any extent.

Ta in advance for your help.

Hi Gary,

I use the comp kit — but only use half of one of the rubbers and then a solid spacer for the rest.

If you want to avoid the comp kit, the first thing I would try is using a piece of 14mm nylon rod to make a solid spacer — and cut down one of the existing rubbers — and just use the solid spacer and the PU rubber.

I found that the standard setup, even with pre-load wound right up — didn't really do it for me. I was much more consistent after using the comp kit — eventually settling on using the hardest rubber in the kit, cut in half, along with a solid spacer.

James

Upvote 0
I also received a V3 set a couple months ago. I installed the performance kit and tuned on the higher force side. It definitely takes time to get used to the very short brake travel. I recently bought the damper to place on my gas pedal. When I install the damper, I was going to soften the brake a little and see if it feels a little better and provides more control.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea