Changing paddles on Driving Force GT

Hello,

I'm using Logitech Driving Force GT wheel for some time now and I just hate shifting with paddles, which are more of small buttons on the back of the rim - when I need to shift gear up or down in the middle of the turn my fingers just aren't long enough to reach for the paddle.

I know I could use sequential shifter, but it's also cumbersome.

My question is, has anybody changed the paddles with ones of another wheel, e.g. G25? Are they compatible - do they fit / can they be modified somehow?

I use the older Driving Force Pro wheel which i believe has the same buttons for gear shift, i had thought about modding it for some time and after reading this thread i decided to do it.
It took me 5 mins to fit a couple of paddles onto the old buttons using sticky velcro. The velcro tape sticks like mad and is thick enough to fill the gap in the not so flat button. So now i have 2 great feeling paddles so maybe now i will not miss so many gear shifts. :biggrin:
If you google DFP mods (or similar) then you will probably find lots of mods for the same wheel.

Upvote 0
K W  paddles 4SW1.jpg

Upvote 0
These are my hand made paddle shifters:

Quite rough work, but I'm satisfied with the first attempt. Next time I'm going improve the quality, design and functionality.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea