Change speed f1 cars and steering wheel goes crazy

Hello!

I am enjoying this great simulator and I have several questions:
The first is that playing the 1995 mod, the cars do not reach 280 km / h, maximum about 277.

I have tried the mod of 2005 and the cars go to more than 300
I have seen videos where they run faster than 277
What do you have to do to make them run faster?

The other question, although it doesn't worry me, is that the steering wheel goes crazy moving from left to right when it's on the grid, so I press the "i" key to make it stop, and once I've walked a few meters, I press again the recla "i" to drive myself, are that the steering wheel go crazy
In qualifying he does the same in the pits, so I do the same

As I say, it doesn't bother me, but it's rare for the steering wheel to do that on the starting grid

I think rfactor is a great simulator

Thanks

First, in the real world any car's top speed will vary greatly from day to day even on the same track; air pressure, temperature, humidity, all factor in to overall performance. So a variance of 3kph in a sim is negligible (try changing the ambient temperature at the track and see if your top speed changes).

Second, a mod's top speed will depend on the accuracy of its physics; are the engine torque curves correct? size of tires? grip and slip angles of tires? drag parameters? Especially for F1 much of this data is unavailable except in a general sense (for example you may know the engine generates 780hp at 12k rpm, but what does it do at 10k rpm, or 6k? if you haven't modeled that exactly you will not get completely accurate results), so the mod creator does the best they can with the data they can get. No active F1 team is likely to divulge their coefficient of drag or polar moment of inertia, and real world specs even for street tires is virtually impossible to find, much less for competition tires.

If you just want to speed up the cars slightly, look in the .hdv file for "BodyDragBase=", lower this value by .001 at a time til speed is what you want. Do this for each type of car (each .hdv file) in the mod.

The steering wheel craziness is part of rfactor FFB, you may can tune it out with ini settings but will probably not be happy with the remaining FFB. It usually only happens when the car is stationary or moving very slowly and has to do with friction of the steering geometry and front wheels (it's also in GTL and GTR2 though usually not as pronounced).

Hello, jfg and Speednut357

I have reduced BodyDragBase from the F1_1995.hdv file to 120 and it seems that the car goes faster.
What I don't know is if that affects all cars or just the one I drive
I have also modified in the TALENT files, the speed and MinRacingSkill
to each one of the pilots, putting more speed to Schumacher, Hill, Coulthard...and drivers from smaller teams, less speed and MinRacingSkill

The ffbb that I am using is the one that comes by default in RF although I have the actual feelplugin file in the directory

The .hdv file changes will affect all cars, yours and AI.

You may also want to have the AI use your setups instead of hardcoded defaults. In your .plr file look for
Fixed Setups="1"
Fixed AI Setups="1"
with both set to 1 the AI will use your setup for that car at that track (you will have to create a setup for each car at each track of course ...good excuse for more driving).

I used RealFeel for many years but finally discarded it. Too much tweaking, often odd results, finally had some issues that could only be eliminated by completely disabling it. Careful tweaking of the default FFB gives just as good results and more consistent.

If the file is in the game directory, you will run Real feel. You can test by pressing Right CTRL = NUM PAD 8. If the force reverses and a voice says "Force Reversed," then you have Real Feel running.

Real Feel has this annoying feature where it uses two settings, one for low speed and one for normal driving. Often with mods, the low-speed setting is too high and causes annoying problems while sitting on the grid.

The low-speed setting can be reversed compared to the standard setting.

In the Game directory, look for the file RealFeelPlugin.ini. Open it in notepad. Scroll down, looking for the name of the car you are driving.

[01-Alain Prost] <--- Name of car your driving
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1000.000000 <--- Self explanatory
SteeringDamper=11500.000000 <--- Damper
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000 <--- Mix of normal FFB and RealFeel
FrontGripEffect=0.000000 <--- Special sauce setting, Be careful and test
SmoothingLevel=0 <--- Damper
Kf=11500.000000 <--- This one is Low-speed Force
Ks=7.000000 <--- Low-Speed Tyre Stiffness
A=1.500000 <--- Don't know, Don't care
Kr=3.000000 <--- Speed at which it switches to normal FFB

The confusing thing about RealFeel is that the force numbers are reversed if you have a LOGITECH wheel.
i.e., A high max force at the steering rack will be 100 instead of 11500
The same applies to the kf=.
So as you see in my example, I have a Logitech, so I have a higher max force at the steering rack of 1000 and a low setting in kf= of 11500.

That force reversal is also mod dependent; if you hop into a new car and it seems it is trying to steer itself, reverse the force. The correction is using -11500 instead of 11500.

The cfg file is also a kludge, growing to gargantuan size as a new section is added for every car you drive; it will also create multiple listings for the same car. For example "Ferrari 430", "Ferrari 430 #64", Ferrari #64", "Ferrari 430 (driver name)", all for the same car ....which is used when you change settings? which is read the next time you drive that car?

Recently someone delved into the dll to see how it worked, I don't know exactly what they found but their conclusion was the programming was a mess and it was doing things it had no business doing.

Not to deter anyone from trying RealFeel. Many love it, many hate it. It may work fine for six months or six years and suddenly go insane. And ultimately the effect is quite vehicle dependent, for any particular car it may be a wonderful addition, it may feel horrible, or you may notice no difference at all; in the latter two can you tweak it to work better or is it a waste of time?

Well, it seems that the steering wheel continues to go crazy until I press the "i" key
I have modified Kf=8000.000000 and even a lower figure and it does not work

At least the car no longer goes crazy in the pit during practice and qualifying, but when I hit the accelerator when the light turns green, the car goes a little and stops

I correct: The steering wheel when I move it to one side once stopped, everything turns as if it weighed a lot, and it shakes again

I share the ini file and some photos of the ffbb configuration

The car is from Barriquello

The steering wheel is a Thrumaster TS XW

One last question, how can I reduce the bumps, with the consequent vibration of the steering wheel, when running at high speed on a straight line

Thanks again

1.jpg
2.jpg

Attachments

• RealFeelPlugin.ini
    2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
With the Feedback Effects at "Low", which is what most people prefer, all those magnitude and vibration options do nothing, so their settings do not matter. At Low you have just the FFB from the front wheels; Medium adds bumps from curbs and rumble strips, I like those ...just to know when I'm cutting the turn a bit close; anything above Medium adds numerous canned effects which most players do not like (vibrations from accelerating, vibrations from braking, vibrations from just driving straight ...all quite distracting and tends to mask the actual signals from the wheels).

I would recommend disabling RealFeel for now and play with the default FFB, when you are happy with that, enable RealFeel again and tweak it. One thing I noticed in your ini file - all those settings of 65535 were 11500 in my install; you might try a search-and-replace using the lower values and see what happens.

"everything turns as if it weighed a lot"
That is usually the Steering Force adjustment, it sets the overall stiffness of the steering wheel independent of the FFB signals.

Last edited:
Thanks, jgf

I have the effects on low. If I put it off the steering wheel loses all its hardness.

It seemed that the crazy movement of the steering wheel had been resolved, but not
Keep shaking on the starting grid

By pressing the "i" key, that problem disappears, since it drives the ai, then I press it again and I continue

By the way, I don't know if RealFeel Plugin works for me. something should come up on the screen?

Thanks

For RealFeel nothing appears on the screen, you should hear a notice when it is enabled or disabled, and sounds when you change settings (on my system they were almost inaudible, had to listen closely). To be certain it is disabled I moved the dll out of the root folder.

I think it's already solved about the crazy movement of the steering wheel

The problem with the car stopping right after the start of the race was that it first had to step on the accelerator and then put the gear(1) into gear, because if you did it the other way around, it would stop after walking a few meters.

I find it curious that during the races, I get drivers who are not in the 1995 TALENTS folder, but are in the 1997, like Pedro Diniz, or 1991 folder, like Gabriele Tarquini. which by the way, is usually in the lead in the races, taking into account, the values that I have given.

Gabriele Tarquini

//Driver Stats
Aggression=15
Reputation=52
Courtesy=50
Composure=70
Crash=2.00
Speed=30
Recovery=82
CompletedLaps=91
MinRacingSkill=30

maybe it's because I don't make them run the qualifying laps, and I run straight?

Thanks jgf for the help and to the others

This is mi RealFeelPlugin from now what do i share

Attachments

• RealFeelPlugin.ini
    684 bytes · Views: 37
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1000.000000 <--- Self explanatory
SteeringDamper=11500.000000 <--- Damper
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000 <--- Mix of normal FFB and RealFeel
FrontGripEffect=0.000000 <--- Special sauce setting, Be careful and test
SmoothingLevel=0 <--- Damper
Kf=11500.000000 <--- This one is Low-speed Force
Ks=7.000000 <--- Low-Speed Tyre Stiffness
A=1.500000 <--- Don't know, Don't care
Kr=3.000000 <--- Speed at which it switches to normal FFB

Just spent 6 hours over two days to figure out RealFeel in rFactor 1 to happen across this "self explanatory" comment :mad: I'm gonna go jump off a cliff now :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back