rF2 Caterham 7 Series - Round 4 @ Anglesey - Thu 01 Sep 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry guys. Gonna miss tonight. Can't get home in time.
Totally my fault. Got confused thinking GMT & UTC were an hour apart... at present they are the same. Doh!. Will try not to do that again. I'm a muppet sometimes. They are the same??? Aren't they ?

Totally my fault. Got confused thinking GMT & UTC were an hour apart... at present they are the same. Doh!. Will try not to do that again. I'm a muppet sometimes. They are the same??? Aren't they ?
GMT and UTC are always the same. In the summer, UK clocks move forward one hour (Spring forward/Fall* back) and we call it British Summer Time (BST). We will return to UTC/GMT On the 3rd Saturday night/Sunday morning of October.

Hope that makes sense? :confused:

*Fall is an American term for what we in the UK call Autumn. :roflmao:

Thanks to @Jimlaad43 for helping with the grid order for R2 and for keeping an eye on me and pointing out when I've missed something. Thanks to @Yves Larose for doing skins for me and for other club members. Thanks to @slideways for doing the results table and thanks for everybody who took part or helped out in any way. :notworthy:

As always, a team effort and a community/club event. Hope to see you all soon. I'll get something posted for next week when I get home this evening.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Sorry for quitting race 2, but I just have had enough of losing the lead in these cars. I have spin out of the lead at pretty much each track in this championship and couldn't face another race in them.

I must admit to preferring the other Caterhams to these ones. You just can't overtake in these ones. They have so little power and grip that it's impossible to get a run on anyone down the straights, so there is never fighting in the braking zones. You can't lunge anyone because the braking zones are so small, but so precise so being a tiny bit later just means you sail past the apex. I didn't even try to defend when ahead of Steve and Yves, yet there was nothing they could do to get past me. I found at Donington - one of the easiest tracks to race other people at - that there was no chance of even forcing other cars to take a compromised line, because anything except the perfect racing line is just a massive time loss. It took me forever to get past cars I was 1.5s a lap faster than for that reason.

/Rant

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 177 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 122 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 26.7%
Back