Car's steering wheel view incorrectly off center to one side?

Hello Forum Members,

Just in the last few days, something changed: The view and perspective of all car's steering wheels, etc., is now off center; a little to the left side. It's as if the driver's head is off a little to the right and looking a little towards the left.

It's driving me crazy. There are controls for moving the driver's viewpoint up and down in the seat, but not side to side as far as I can tell.

What is going on and how can I fix it?

Thank you.

You are on a monitor or VR? Is it the 70s F1s - their cockpits are non-symmetrical by design. If it's all the cars, then I am at a loss as to how your view has changed. maybe scroll through a few of the driving cams - helmet cam etc and see if it reorients. Failing that, a verify files couldn't hurt.

Last edited:
If you have mild OCD these cars are head wreckers. They had to accommodate the H shifter so they bulged out on the right side, The Mclaren is the worst of them, but they all do it.
iu

Yes, whatever level of OCD I may have, that was driving me insane!

I'm still laughing at myself, as even now I'm not exactly sure I want to drive those. But 70's to 90's cars are my favorites, so maybe I'll get used to it.

Thanks.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 465 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back