Cars and tracks with no licensing issues

Hello, community!

I'm a new Racer user and I'm absolutely amazed by this simulator. Actually, I bought a steering wheel for using it with Racer a few weeks after I stumbled upon it. :)

I'm a Linux user and as you might have heard, Linux uses package management for any kind of software you want to use on it. Therefore I would like to create a package for Racer to make it available (or, say, easier to install) for the Linux community. However, as you know, Racer comes with only one car and track. I had a look around the net and it looks like most additional car models and tracks available for download are conversions from commercial games and can therefore not be offered as a package for a Linux distribution for legal reasons.

However, although the forums here on Racedepartment.com has quite strict rules on posting car downloads, some cars are being posted here, so I still have hope that some number of cars exist that can potentially be packaged (of course only in case that the authors give me their permission for it). Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea which of the cars I'm finding on the net are possible candidates for packaging and which are not. Therefore I'd greatly appreciate it if anybody could point me into the right direction.

Thanks for any input,
PhotonX

Thanks for the encouragement! Currently I'm quite busy in the university, therefore I don't have the resources to dive into filtering tracks. So in the next weeks I will just add some care packages for which I have already got permission to do so (like the Renaults by skybh). Tracks will then follow in the semester break, I guess...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back