Car Rolls Over

A bit too fast in a turn, instead of spinning, the car goes up on two wheels then slowly rolls on over. I recall a fix for this on Nogrip ages ago but a couple evenings poring through my GTR2/PnG stuff hasn't disclosed it.

Anyone recall the edit for this?

FWIW, car is the P&G Ferrari 275GTB Speciale. And it rolled in the banked turn at Nordschleife!

You can always lower the CGHeight entry in the 275gtbspecial.HDC file a little.

The default is 0.310 (same as a stock GTL 275) for the Speciale, but with the updated physics that the guys created for PnG that still might be too high.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input.

I thought of the CG but that would affect overall handling.

I'll check the tires, if it isn't sharing them with another car that's certainly a suspect. If it is sharing I'll give it it's own tires and see how that goes.

I recall the thread concerned one of the P&G TR4 models with a tendency to roll, and the fix was a simple edit; but at my age I can barely remember my phone number, much less a thread I read years ago.

A quick check and the 275 Speciale does have its own tires, which not only have higher grip than the standard 275 but higher grip than the default Intermediate tires. So I lowered the values, higher than the standard 275 but lower than modern tires (intermediates).

It's late now and I haven't the concentration for lapping Nordschleife, so testing is tomorrow's project. I suspect the car may actually handle better since I should be able to slide a bit now.

Last edited:
Well, the new tires made a world of difference. I suspect the creator of this car wanted better braking and achieved it with the grip. The car now feels lighter and more nimble, as a Ferrari should, will slide a bit but easily caught with a little opposite lock. Still tweaking the setup, may tweak the tires a bit more.

I've done tons of tweaking to other GTR2 mods but always took P&G at face value, perhaps need to inspect some other third party additions to it.

:x3:
GTR2 2013-03-04 20-37-12-73.jpg

Yes you get this in all mod sims to some degree.
Just need to learn boundaries, and best combos to use.
V8 is more the nature of the beast translates into more lean angle.
ISIMotor in this regard AMS included are vastly different for mine.
Same cars feel lighter then in other engines, like the nose on my face.
Probably in my head, though does not explain the extrta "air" I can get in pmotor.
Actually this is something really stood out for me in AMS which was just
about right and had a bit less of this anomaly.
You could take V8's to Nords and lift the rears especially heaps. :)

Oh thats me 7 years ago, apparent total rF2 fanboy for 12 years in AMS ?
Go figure. :confused:

AMS 2016-03-17 17-15-37-812.jpg

My conspiracy is Gjon did this on purpose in ISIMotor2.0 to make cars feel more alive.
Need ISIMotor3.0 :(

Last edited:
l've been testing all my tracks before release with various different formula to see if they're suitable for all classes (not just the Minis i built them for) but when it comes to the Aussie supercars you really have to nurse them round, but the Al.... if i start with a grid of 50, less than half will finish, as most roll and DNF. At first i though maybe it was my curbs, but it's definitely the cars.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.