Can you get Crew chief working with GTR2?

However, work is in progress. At least some level of support is coming.
:confused: exciting news especially since the sim seems to be experiencing a resurgence lately i know i returned to the game because modern sims just simply arent as good despite how many may try to deny this fact lol although i have yet to give rfactor 2 a real go I played both of the Assetto corsa and Pcars 2 games but they still lacked something i dunno soul/personality.

Last edited:
:confused: exciting news especially since the sim seems to be experiencing a resurgence lately i know i returned to the game because modern sims just simply arent as good despite how many may try to deny this fact lol although i have yet to give rfactor 2 a real go.
I just got back, because I mostly care about offline racing, and I am very positively impressed, game is so polished and feature rich! Really nice. Been dreaming about CC in GTR2 for years, but lack of VR support and (crushed) hopes for modern sims kept me away. But this time I am on it (with my friend from CC team). Stay tuned :D

rF2 is very good, my primary sim and closest to GTR2 if you ask me in terms of feature richness. Unfortunately, some areas are stagnating and detoriating there, hopefully that's temporary.

I just got back, because I mostly care about offline racing, and I am very positively impressed, game is so polished and feature rich! Really nice. Been dreaming about CC in GTR2 for years, but lack of VR support and (crushed) hopes for modern sims kept me away. But this time I am on it (with my friend from CC team). Stay tuned :D

rF2 is very good, my primary sim and closest to GTR2 if you ask me in terms of feature richness. Unfortunately, some areas are stagnating and detoriating there, hopefully that's temporary.
I do plan on re purchasing it at some point though as i got a really great animated pit crew mod idea for it brewing since simbin was able to figure it out a modder should right? They night not be as good as simbins though cuz i am not a professional 3d artist

Last edited:
that will require engine support though. That said, there's static pitcrew in rf2, some mods have it.
yeah but luckily there's a dev mode
so perhaps i could look into that could always create a new mas file from scratch too but that would take time did some research and every modder i asked pretty much stated that G motor 2 definitely still has the capability so who knows it's always worth an investigation at one point people probably stated crew chief was impossible and some guy was able to transform assetto corsa into a proper endurance simulator with a day/night cycle for example.

Last edited:
Don't be so definitive ...I have GTR2 HQ installed and Crew Chief working perfectly on it.
And moreover ..... without any crash !! ;)

Applying with precision all advices of their creators works perfectly.

I must admit that one modern sim with modding can do better but its way of working is not easier and asks at least a rather strong midrange PC .... as night and rain is a mod above the original game and a part of it still needs a Patreon !
Moreover in AC we're still very far from all possible mods already running in GTR2.
AC modding asks much more knowledge and work ( but for a much better result of course ) ... only if you have a decent PC config ..... a lot of cars on track is much more difficult than with GTR2 for the same config.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 51 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 84 59.6%