F1 2018 Can we talk about the halo, will be possible to remove this atrocity at least in game ?

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
Will it be possible to have the chance of removing that horrible thing, it's the death of open wheels cars, at least will we have an option to disable it ?
Also i appreciate criticism if you think it's fine let me know why.
In my humble opinon, this is a game, and we shoudl be allowed to decide if we want to stare at stupid usless bar in the middle of our screens or not.
Thank you all. sorry about my english.

Last edited:
You can remove the middle bar, but not the whole halo. That´s what it looks like, without the middle bar:
images

See that's my huge problem with upcoming game
Career looks awesome, car developments, but i can't drive with half screen locked by this ugly useless thing i saw also TCam basically you can't see the road.
i can't understan why Codemaster can't remove that thing, players enjoyment should be them first concern.
We are safe at home and we don't need halo, we should be able to enjoy a game as we want,in my humble opinion.
Regards

Last edited:
In T-Cam you can see the road clearly and I think you won´t even realise it after some races(like for me in real F1, I was very angry about the introduction of the halo but I don´t care anymore about it)

Thanks at least i know T-cam it's fine..
About real F1 i read an article, and the guy said your exact words, "people will not notice it after they get used".
Well i follow F1 from the 70's, i saw every kind of things, but the halo it's such an incredible atrocity, i can't watch it, also i don't think it could work for with Bianchi crash.
Helmets are bulletproofs, Drivers have Hans, lateral protections.
This thing really makes me hate my favorite sport.
Regards
Edit: Anyway on YouTube i saw many videos, all i could stare at was the HALO :D
Let's hope a mod come out, i'm sure i can't focus with that thing on screen.

Last edited:
111jack, ask Grosjean.

If we want a Formula 1 simulator, the halo is in the car. Anyway, should be a way to remove.

Thanks at least i know T-cam it's fine..
About real F1 i read an article, and the guy said your exact words, "people will not notice it after they get used".
Well i follow F1 from the 70's, i saw every kind of things, but the halo it's such an incredible atrocity, i can't watch it, also i don't think it could work for with Bianchi crash.
Helmets are bulletproofs, Drivers have Hans, lateral protections.
This thing really makes me hate my favorite sport.
Regards
Edit: Anyway on YouTube i saw many videos, all i could stare at was the HALO :D
Let's hope a mod come out, i'm sure i can't focus with that thing on screen.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea