PC3 Can Project CARS 3 share memory ?

Hi!

On my gamers, on Project Cars 2, the share memory setting offers the following options: NO, YES and Project Cars . If you select YES, then Project Cars 2 can share its memory with other applications such as SIMTOOLS to drive a rig (I have two five motions rigs).

On Project Cars 3, the only options I have regarding the share memory setting are: NO, Pjoject Cars 1 and Project Cars 2. This means I cannot activate my rigs with Project cars 3. Is there any means correcting this situation, I mean having my rigs' actuators working while playing with Project Cars 3 ?

Regards

The options are called like that because they use the same shared memory format as in the previous two games. If your rig supports Project CARS 2, it should also support Project CARS 3 if you set the option to "Project CARS 2" there.

Thank you Majuh for your answer, unfortunately, setting it to PC2 was my firt idea but even so, it doesn't work, my actuators remain idle. I removed the simtools patch and re-applied it a couple of time to check PC3 was correctly patched to Simtools but with no improvement. It may not be a share memory issue but it really looks like it was. I have no idea what could be the problem out of a share memory or patching issue. I'm still working on it.
Regards

Youpy! I found what was going on. Based on your imput and the fact that PC3 was correctly patched with a valid pluggin (I used 2 from 2 different sources), I dug into the system parameters settings and I found there was a discrepancy between the memory setting (PC2) and the UDP mode (No) and protocol (PC1) settings; I have no idea what UDP stands for, but anyway by setting the mode to 4 and the version to PC2, it works now. Thank you for your paramount input.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.