[BUG] Force Feedback Being Lowered

Just recently got into GTR2, and despite my enjoyment so far, one big thing is making me frustrated.

For whatever reason, upon leaving a race track, the FFB strength on my wheel drops by about 30%. Using the game controllers menu I've set my wheel's FFB gain to about 70-80%, but after hopping into a quick practice session and leaving, it's lowered by about 30, and after a second time the force is so low it doesn't turn my wheel. To reset it, I have to quit the game and manually go back into the game controllers menu and turn the FFB gain back up, then I can launch the game again and continue with what I was doing, until I leave the track anyway.

My wheel is the Thrustmaster T-GT 2, and I followed the 16th Anniversary installation guide. I've installed quite a few mods, but all of those so far have been cars/tracks and nothing that should effect FFB, other than the 16th anniversary patch of course. Running the game on windows 10 with a NVidia 2070 Super and a Ryzen 7 3800X. I can provide any additional details if needed.

Thanks in advance!

I have a very similar, if not the same problem. This also happens in GT Legends. My wheel is a Thrustmaster T150 (I know is an entry level FFB wheel compared with the T-GT 2, but still use the same Thrustmaster Control Panel). At first I though it was because of the car I was driving (a Porsche 914/6 in GTL), being a MR car, with a rear biased weight distribution, but after exiting the game, and opening the Control Panel, I saw that the Gain lowered itself from the default 75% to around 10-15%. In-game, I had the gain at 100%. The only solution I found is to use the same gain both in-game an in the Control Panel (in my case, 75%). I even thinked that the wheel was overheating, but the T150 has an always on fan, and it doesn't output a lot of force (no more than 2 Nm, and that is using max gain).

Did you try ALT-F in order to reset the FFB on track ?
FFB weakness or full absence regularly happen for me too wiht my TS-XW at session changes.
Using this shortcut resets the FFB to the settings I adopted in the controlers game options. It works perfectly.

NB: I even created a shortcut on a Stream Deck for it.

T300RS the same here!!
With the last firmware (34) and the last program update 2023-3 the wheel lost the ffb and in the controller panel the force is changing from 75 to 40 or different!!
My settings are: firmware 34 and program 2021-1. All is the best after that!!!
Thrustmaster developer should show seriously what changed with the last program update
JB57.

sounds like best solution is to use older FW/driver, but for those using Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin check ffbDisableResetOnSessionTransition setting. It helps with effects lost on Fanatec wheels, but may help with other wheels too ;)

Last edited:
Big Info
Hello,
The last Thrustmaster driver (2023-4) solved all problems with FFB in Gtr2 for T300RS.
Big thanks to the developer of Thrustmaster.
JB57

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea