AC BTCC Round 2 @ Donington Park - Sunday 24th September 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I just cannot race these cars, ( too bleeding old ) anything happens in front, I’m off too.
I just buzz around to keep the numbers up. Have some battles if appropriate, give way to all blue flags and generally mind my own business.
Unless someone complains, I am happy to be the odd ball car, and not racing in this series is not a problem for me.:unsure:

PS
I have put so much time into setting this car up and failed miserably, for me it is just so unpredictable.:(

Last edited:
Thanks for organising tonight's race @Interslice Brian, congrats to the podium guys, especially @Henri Sinik for a stonking 2 x 1st's:thumbsup:

Quali was weird, softs lasted half a lap, mediums not much better:unsure: Felt like I'd walked into the kitchen and forgot why, again:roflmao:

Went for hards for race to see if a 'long game' would work, aka Young Bull, Old Bull (https://jokes.one/joke/a-young-bull-and-an-old-bull , :p) 1st 2 laps each race were 'iffy' but not much worse than mediums.

Not sure if Champ results are up-to-date Brian, but the sums don't seem to add up?? I hope:laugh:

Where are my manners (once again:(

Completely forgot to praise Brian for putting up this series :speechless:)

Ernie, if you are not complaining just to the "cantacerous old m...," äh, I apologize, the "Distinguished Gentleman" I´ll set you up with a nice Beemer that actually rotates on the brake.

Which we both will regret as you will than whoop my ass with it and in turn will have to stfu about your "bi....... car" :p

Sooo :O_o:

Nice racing fellas. This track is about perfect in these cars. Qualified P13 , but lucky enough avoided any major incidents and finished top 10 in both races. Would have taken that before the start. The close pack racing in the first 2 laps is alot of fun.

Screenshot_pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw_doningtonpark2018_25-8-123-8-55-56.jpg

Nice battles with Thomas and Pedro in race 1 and carsten and richard in race 2.

Took me many laps to figure a way past @Programmer_Rich in the castrol bmw. The age old problem of the 2 cars being quicker in different parts of the circuit. But, having the same lap time.

Took the chicane a bit tight here with a few laps left :)
Screenshot_pm3dm_bmw_320i_stw_doningtonpark2018_25-8-123-9-2-38.jpg

Thanks to all for racing. Great fun going down to the old hairpin with you al on lap 1!
Screenshot_pm3dm_nissan_primera_btcc_doningtonpark2018_25-8-123-8-54-52.jpg

Congrats to Henri for the 2 wins. Well done to the podiums! Usual suspects at the front again :)

My race 2 onboard.
A view from the mid pack. @stigs2cousin You got a receipt for that bimmer? Driving it like you stole it ;)

Last edited:
@Interslice :

I always had love for the marque, drove E46´s for 18 years :inlove: before they became rolling I Pads with subscription fees for the steering wheel.:sick:

Also my employer keeps some run down E 36´s as we raced yesterday for "cocking around"

So I´m (maybe too) familiar with sliding cars around, I think sometimes that makes me too slow....

@Interslice :

I always had love for the marque, drove E46´s for 18 years :inlove: before they became rolling I Pads with subscription fees for the steering wheel.:sick:

Also my employer keeps some run down E 36´s as we raced yesterday for "cocking around"

So I´m (maybe too) familiar with sliding cars around, I think sometimes that makes me too slow....

I was just referring to the hazard lights! Looked like a stolen car :) :p

@Interslice :

I'm the same. A massive boxy bmw fan, but little to no interest in the newer stuff, post e36.
Have an e30 there in the garden for messing about. Unfortunately it's a metalwork project at the moment and the foreseeable. Ireland eats cars!

I was just referring to the hazard lights! Looked like a stolen car :) :p
It wasn´t me :confused:

That were the consequences of some of the "Gentlemen" trying to bully me around.:mad:
But learned my lesson in the last race and deployed "robust defending"
So if you want to push me of better give it you´re best shot :O_o:.

Very nice car indeed in my favorite colour :inlove:

Looking at seats and aero, that wouldn´t be a 318is?

Very nice car indeed in my favorite colour :inlove:

Looking at seats and aero, that wouldn´t be a 318is?

It is indeed. That was it's last day on the road :(. Should have it back going again in about 5 years :cool:. Mechanically it's perfect, it's just rusting from the inside out. In really awkward places, anywhere that wasn't fully painted and sealed essentially.

Last edited:
It is indeed. That was it's last day on the road :(. Should have it back going again in about 5 years :cool:. Mechanically it's perfect, it's just rusting from the inside out. In really awkward places, anywhere that wasn't fully painted and sealed essentially.
My boss has one of these too, an ex Rally Cup he uses (and rents out) for drifting.

Shame it´s in rough shape ufter us getting flooded in ´21 but at least it still runs.

Will make a pic tomorrow when i´m back at work.

Ramblings of an idiot....
Remembered what Carsten told me a while ago, So sat in Costa watching the world go by contemplating the Primera, and I went though all the laps in my inadequate brain trying to find a formula for the Primera.
And bingo it came to me, so when I finally walked home to put it into practice and whoop doop a stable Primera, my personal lap record in three laps.
Now as they say the proof is in the pudding, so looking forward to Thruxton and then to put it to the test.
Now knowing that my hopes always out do my ability, for me and I am sure no one else I will be very interested to see if it is success or failure. Probably Failure.:(

R.jpg

Well, Ernie,

as you know have successfully wiggled out of my trying to sway you to the Beemer ( all the same the excuses are running out ;)) how about you disappoint your own expectations and have a fun ( let alone successfull) race :p

Funnily tried the Primera at Thruxton, without sounding like a big head, I was right . That setup did not work for Thruxton. ( but the Primera is easier to drive here compared to Donington, with a few big provisos ):(
I had this with the GT3 Porsche, found after much fettling a setup the worked really well, very stable and with good pace at Mugello race circuit.
With enthusiasm for a car I love, I went to the next circuit, it was sh*t.
Same for the Primera.:(
Where ever I go of late that chicane creator seems hell bent on ruining every circuit this idiot visits. The chicane at Thruxton. Why???

Funnily tried the Primera at Thruxton, without sounding like a big head, I was right . That setup did not work for Thruxton. ( but the Primera is easier to drive here compared to Donington, with a few big provisos ):(
I had this with the GT3 Porsche, found after much fettling a setup the worked really well, very stable and with good pace at Mugello race circuit.
With enthusiasm for a car I love, I went to the next circuit, it was sh*t.
Same for the Primera.:(
Where ever I go of late that chicane creator seems hell bent on ruining every circuit this idiot visits. The chicane at Thruxton. Why???
Tried the Primera @ Thruxton this eve Ernie, it's very fast even though it has rotation in spades (with my attempt at set up:roflmao:). The Volvo feels like an old geezer's car in comparison, but then, I am one:p

Love the track, such a hard place to make a clean pass:cautious:

Ironically you have summed it up perfectly John, as much as it frustrates me in spades. I just love the drive. The rest are so boring in comparison.
I know you would not think that reading my frustration with the car though.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
PS
was going to give you setup to try, I will if I can find a circuit it suits, unfortunately Thruxston is not it.:(

Last edited:
Moving the brake bias forward and raising the diff coast settings makes the car a little more stable. But then you start to dial out the "wild" bits that make the Nissan a monster to drive :D

Aside from slight set up choices, being very smooth on any input is the most you can do to take it. On braking, a slight dab of the brakes while still on throttle can settle the car a little too

Last edited:
I think it is just down to how talented you are.
The Volvo has a more of a blunt edge to it. So consequently it is easier to race around a circuit, more tolerant of inputs. ( still not that easy though, but doable for most )
The Primera is much, much more sharper, does not tolerate incorrect inputs, especially over a 25 min race., let alone 1 hour.
A good example is the Abarth, Jason is still quickest, but with some simple chassis tweaks, anyone can race it competitively.
PS. I have spent a silly amount of time setting up the Primera, generally all wasted.
If it was a one off, as it has been in the past, then I don’t mind. But as it has become a regular. It is a pain.

I think your explanation was very aptly put, it is probably why it laps perfectly for some laps, you start to become complacent, lose some concentration, or change your line into a corner slightly.
Bang your gone on a front wheel drive spin of death..
You have a very narrow field of catching the car, it is do able, but so narrow it is very unpredictable if you can or cannot.
Even the old 60’s cars , more often than not you can have big slides, modulate the throttle, wait and it will come back.
I find the Mercedes C9 much easier, it tells you on every bit of the track “ don’t mess with me matey “ so you drive with care everywhere.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%