ACC British Mixed GT3 and 992 Cup Series (also non-premium) - Round 5 @ Silverstone - 4/3/2024

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Silverstone.jpg

Series Overview Thread

Description

You have to decide which car you use for the whole series. This means you drive e.g. the Porsche 992 Cup for all races.
  • 13:00 in-game race start
  • Short formation lap - stay in the green marker
  • No mandatory pitstops
  • Refuelling allowed
  • Tyre change allowed
Drivers

Marked as "in" in Standings, see Series Overview Thread

Results GT3s and Cup

Weather
  • Overall: guaranteed sunny, same as practice server
  • Ambient temp: 22
  • Cloud level: 0.0
  • Rain: 0.0
  • Randomness: 1
Practice Server
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
  • Password: see below "How can I join this event"
Sessions
  • 20:00 GMT / 20:00 UTC 30 minute practice
  • 20:30 GMT / 20:30 UTC 15 minute qualifying 992 Cup
  • 20:45 GMT / 20:45 UTC 15 minute qualifying GT3
  • 21:10 GMT / 21:10 UTC 90 minute race
How can I join this event?
  • Non-premium members: PM me stating you want to join and your car choice, I'll then add you to the list, give you the password and also the Club Rules.
  • Premium members: Reply in this thread stating you want to join and your car choice, I'll then add you to the list. Server password can be found HERE
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
All skill levels welcome but we ask that you can control the car and know the racing line around the track. Anyone driving in a dangerous manner may be removed from the server.

What do I need to know?
  • CLUB RULES ARE ENFORCED. Premium members check them out HERE
  • We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair
  • Voice chat is available on the RD Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.
  • PLEASE ENSURE YOUR REAL NAME IS SET ON YOUR RD PROFILE AND MATCHES YOUR IN-GAME NAME

Last edited:
Thanks for racing tonight guys, I had a blast. First 90’ race for me. After pitstop 1 I went too fast in the pits. 30 second stop and go :confused: that killed my race, but still enjoyed it.

Last few laps I closed in on Johann and Will, but since they were in a close battle from the beginning of the race and I was a lap down, I didn’t interfere with their battle too much I hope. Just stayed close in case they made mistakes . But chasing and staying close learned me a lot about closer racing and trying not to overshoot corners. I tended to do so in the first few laps, took me some time to ease my mind and settle down.

Congrats podiums, class and overall. And thank you Michael for doing this series. Such a shame I had to miss the first race at Brands Hatch, my favo track. Hope to race with you guys at that track again in the near future.

See you on track!

Bouke

Awesome race guys! Weird start for everyone, but I am glad we made it to the end. I had a fun battle with Bezzi and I couldn't catch up to the rest. Jay, it was nice seeing you part of the battle as well, even though you were faster.

One-stop strategy for me and I could feel 20 minutes in per stint the tyres giving up. I could see in real time my pace going from 2:03.5 to 2:04.5 and I hoped I wouldn't spin. Thankfully only a couple mistakes during the first 30 minutes, including a small 10 second front damage, which I repaired.

Overall awesome series, I don't regret choosing the Porsche 992 Cup, even though I was relatively slow in it. It was a nice challenge to tame the car in different conditions (or racetracks for that matter). Thank you Michael for hosting this incredible series.

P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing more mixed series or single races again!

Thank you Michael for the series, also Chris for his help and RD for hosting. And Thanks to all showing up and hopefully enjoyed the racing and series.
Only dropback was the slowly fading of interest from race to race. I mean, a good community is nothing without the people. People organizing and people joining and driving.

Silverstone was as tough as expected. Did My first laps this afternoon and really thought I'm in the wrong movie. The car was understeering so much, and eating tyres like my dogs eating bones.
The qualy was a big fight with the car and when i saw Michaels times, expected low 2:00, high 1:59, i was sure it would be a long long race.
For the race i did some last minute changes to the setup, in the end in the right direction but i had some tough opening laps to get used to a more aggressive setupped car. Marty was pushing and a small contact caused a spin. With rejoining it was a plus 20sec. More time went by when trying to get back up the order. So, before the pitstop Michael was more than 40sec up and in the end he earned a well deserved win. Great drive Michael, congrats!
The second stint was better. I got used to the setup and car, found a better rhythm. So in the end P2 was the best i could do today.
I hope to see you all on track again.

Last edited:
What a great race to finish our mixed GB Series! its been an amazing series and really enjoyable racing the cup guys who make them things fly, my practice sessions and race itself went fairly well, a mistake on a kerb saw me spin but got back in immediately and caught the pack, from then on it was just keep consistent and execute my three stint strat, managed good consistent lap times and was looking like a good battle with Bouke in the BMW, we entered pit on same lap and was looking like similar pace but unfortunately Bouke picked up a stop go on that first stop which i was gutted for him for, as it would have been close, more so when we would have caught some cup cars, Nasos your one stop paid off, two laps before the end i just caught sight of your car, so another 5 laps? hmmmm maybe the big Aston would have got ya hehehehe, was good to get back into the race after a silly error and get amongst it all again, pleased with that, Thanks for all the help with practice and set ups this week guys i really appreciate it, made huge difference....best race community around! nice to see new drivers on the grid for this series and our regular pro's. look forward to racing soon.

ps; was fun chasing you Will, but overtried a little just before my second stop and lost some time.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea