Physics Brake caliper

Doug62

Premium
Hi guy's. A brake caliper issue I'm having.
In this pic, the caliper is set by 3DSimED so the showroom shows it in it correct position.
20230407182407_1.jpg
But when it goes on track or as it shows in this second pic after applying "align using data". The caliper moves up and in.
20230407182329_1.jpg

I haven't been able to find were this setting is in any off the ini data files.

The calipers are set as SUSP_LF & _RF in the suspenion.ini but as a note, they don't seem to move left or right when changing the values when the wheels work correctly as WHEEL_RF and LF. Though the calipers do work on track as they follow the suspension moving up and down and also work correctly when steering. Follow the wheel direction.

Thank you for any advice, suggestions.

Been through and disable every file in the data folder one by one and this didn't stop the caliper from resizing and moving. It's clearly somewhere else outside the cars folder. There's nothing in the config ini but then if it was in there, it wouldn't show in the showroom, only on track.

suspensions.ini has the "SUSP_LF" etc. numbers that can move it left to right. Everything else is just set by its position in the kn5 file. When the game's running it moves SUSP_LF to the position of the left front tire live, so that it moves with travel/steering.

Last edited:
suspensions.ini has the "SUSP_LF" etc. numbers that can move it left to right. Everything else is just set by its position in the kn5 file. When the game's running it moves SUSP_LF to the position of the left front tire live, so that it moves with travel/steering.
Yep, All that side off things work correctly. It's the fact that the caliper moves up and the bottom moves in that's confusing a heck out off me. When the car is loaded into the showroom their in the correct position. As in the kn5 saved from 3DSimED. They move and even resize when I tick the "align using data" in the CM showroom and in on track. But I've disabled each and every ini file the data folder to see if I can find the one that affecting it and the extensions config folder but nothing change as far as the caliper changing is concerned.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea