Cars Blender Empty Parent child location mismatch?

Hello,

Ok so I have a Hub_lf as a parent & some objects & empties child to the parent, all in the same location as the Wheel_LF in blender, as soon as i get in game the the childs are all out of place but in the same place with the parent but not were the Wheel_LF is in blender. Ive read all the guides about positioning but I know im missing something regarding why everything is in the right position in blender but then not in game, so another words thiers like a different location used by the HUB_LF in the game to what is in blender, but the location in the game is wrong, i looked at the suspension.ini but couldnt see how it could affect this. if I unparent it fixes the location but if I create a new empty parent it goes back to the issue? any help appreciated.

Animated suspensions use the HUB_LF, otherwise I don't think it's a meaningful name used by the game. If you do have animated suspension then it uses ksanim files in the car's animations folder, plus USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS in car.ini. Mostly you want WHEEL_LF as a parent (wheels, tires), SUSP_LF (suspension components directly attached to the wheel that don't spin, like the brake caliper) and DISC_LF (brake disc, and other parts that aren't removed during tire changes)

In general AC overwrites these object positions with the coordinates given by the simulation, which means they should all be positioned at the model's wheel center and have no scaling.

Last edited:
Animated suspensions use the HUB_LF, otherwise I don't think it's a meaningful name used by the game. If you do have animated suspension then it uses ksanim files in the car's animations folder, plus USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS in car.ini. Mostly you want WHEEL_LF as a parent (wheels, tires), SUSP_LF (suspension components directly attached to the wheel that don't spin, like the brake caliper) and DISC_LF (brake disc, and other parts that aren't removed during tire changes)

In general AC overwrites these object positions with the coordinates given by the simulation, which means they should all be positioned at the model's wheel center and have no scaling.
Thanks for replying Stereo,

I re setup the wheel empties baised on your reply, but I found I lost the front wheels turning with the steering wheel ie turn left, turn right. with the hub empty I had that working but the empty placement was wrong. How do I get the front wheels to turn with the steering wheel? cant see anything about it in the pipeline? thanks.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.2%