Hi. My name is Ken but my handle here on Race Department is OldRebel. If you are an Assetto Corsa user like me you may have seen or used some of my uploads for Assetto Corsa here on Race Department. I thought some of you may be interested in one of my other hobbies which is wildlife photography mainly through the use of a fleet of motion detecting game cameras. I live in a large motorhome near Calgary, Alberta in Canada just east of the Rocky Mountains. I lived on a large wilderness property west of Calgary for eight years and collected many great video clips of wildlife. So many that I have my own YouTube channel called 'Blazing Trails Blog Videos' although the blog no longer exists (at the moment anyway). In the next couple of weeks I will be driving my motorhome towing a 4x4 with a quad in the box into a wilderness area to live off grid for the summer. This fall I am planning to go south to the Arizona desert to live off grid for the winter. There will certainly be adventure involved. If any of you want to follow me in my travels here is the address to my YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Blazing+Trails+Blog+Videos
In the latest two uploads to the channel (A New Trail Part 1 and 2) I introduce myself and we go for a road trip in the Canadian Rockies to look for a spot to live for the summer. Check out some of my wildlife videos I have posted on the channel.

Last edited:
Thank you. Nice hobbies you have.
Please, take care out there, in the
wilderness. :) /Pp
Thank you for your comment. I have spent a lot of time in the back country in this area and keep very aware of my surroundings. I also own a Garmin InReach device that allows me communication via satellite no matter where I am including an SOS function. I hope you subscribe to my channel.

Ken,

Thank you for sharing a little more about yourself and your interests.

As one who has considered an RV lifestyle, I have tried to contemplate how to fit in a racing rig. I don't believe I want to downgrade from a modest 60-in L x 45-in W aluminum profile rig. Perhaps if I could transistion from triple 27-in monitors satisfactorily . . . OR put it in a RACING trailer with rooftop air conditioning!

P.S. please keep the Detroit iron power mods coming!

Last edited:
Ken,

Thank you for sharing a little more about yourself and your interests.

As one who has considered an RV lifestyle, I have tried to contemplate how to fit in a racing rig. I don't believe I want to downgrade from a modest 60-in L x 45-in W aluminum profile rig. Perhaps if I could transistion from triple 27-in monitors satisfactorily . . . OR put it in a RACING trailer with rooftop air conditioning!

P.S. please keep the Detroit iron power mods coming!
I usually have my rig set up right in the center aisle of my coach. I'm single so I can get away with that, LOL. I currently have disassembled it and put it away for the upcoming trip. I will try to upload stuff here and there to Race Department but it will be infrequent.

Attachments

• IMG_2327.jpg
    IMG_2327.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 53

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 306 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 197 44.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 216 48.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 90 20.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 119 26.7%
Back