Cars Black Car in KSEditor

Hello there !

I'm trying to create my car in AC using a model and removing some stuff.
I just removed hood lights, roof vents, and the things to lock the hood and the trunk.

Btw I extracted the fbx and the textures with 3dsimmed3, and worked on the meshes with 3ds max.
When I imported the fbx into 3ds I selected centimeters as unit, and "Automatic" when I exported it. (I also tried exporting it in cm)
But whenever I open the fbx in KSEditor V6 or in SDK, the car is black af. All the textures are in the same folder as the fbx (Into a texture folder).

Do you know what's happening ?

attachFull7708

attachFull7709

attachFull7705

attachFull7706

attachFull7707

All of your shaders need to be setup in the editor. Either your 3DSimEd export didn't create a persistence file, or it's broken. You'll either have to do a new export to see if it produces a working persistence file, or you'll have to go through each material and set it up manually.

I'd recommend the latter, as most conversions have poor shader setups anyways so you'd be better off doing it over with some better settings.

All of your shaders need to be setup in the editor. Either your 3DSimEd export didn't create a persistence file, or it's broken. You'll either have to do a new export to see if it produces a working persistence file, or you'll have to go through each material and set it up manually.

I'd recommend the latter, as most conversions have poor shader setups anyways so you'd be better off doing it over with some better settings.
So there's no way to shortcut the process ? :/

So there's no way to shortcut the process ? :/

Not if the persistence file is missing or broken, no. It'll take, like, 15 minutes to set up the shaders, though. It's pretty easy. Just use Content Manager's showroom to look up the values used on the original car and replicate those settings. Or, better, use a well made car and use those values instead.

The other issue there is using 3dsimed, it is not a suitable "AC to AC" conversion tool, it's meant for going between games where no shader values can be reused anyway so it just doesn't write them.

You can use Content Manager to convert kn5 to fbx and it'll produce the persistence file correctly. Probably you'll then be able to keep that persistence for your own work. (just make sure you use the same fbx name that CM produced, persistence is filename-specific)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.