Big performance increase in VR for Oculus users.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here before, but thought I would post in case it helps anyone.

Open Oculus Tray Tool, or the Oculus Debug Tool.

Change FoV Multiplier to 0.67 / 0.35
In ACC set AA to Epic KTAA
Render the game at native res minimum.

This reduces the display to letterbox, which wont be to everyones taste, but is almost exactly the same view as the helmet cam - but with a huge increase in performance. In effect you are only losing the ceiling of your car, and the bottom of your wheel and as they are dark anyway, its almost unnoticeable during gameplay.

I'm now able to run the quest 2 at 4864 x 2448, with 130% VR pixel density, at a solid 72fps, with 50% headroom with no ASW.

It has completely transformed the experience for me - I literally couldn't believe my eyes.

I'm using a 3080ti, so can have most setting on high or epic. Regardless of your card, I would expect a performance increase in the region of 50%.

Personally I've gone from a stuttery mess, to silky smooth.

My settings with 8700k / 3080ti

Resscale 100%
view distance EPIC
Shadows HIGH
Shadow distance HIGH
Contact shadows DISABLED
Antialiasing EPIC
AA type KTAA
DLSS DISABLED
FSR DISABLED
Effects HIGH
PP MID
Foliage HIGH
Mirrir Quality LOW
M view distance 20
M frame limit 20fps
M resolution LOW
Opponents Visibility 15

VR Pixel Density 130%
Virtual to real scale 100%

Materials quality HIGH
Temporal Upsampling DISBALED
Bloom quality HIGH
Car LOD quality 80%
HLOD ENABLED
Advanced sharpen filter ENABLED

Motion blur DISABLED
Saturation 95%
White balance WARMER
Sharpness 0%
Camera dirt effect 1.0
Image contrast 0.40
Exposure gain 0.28
Tone mapping DEFAULT

Hope this may be of use to some.

Cheers

D

Last edited:
Man, this really helped me a lot! I set up 85/65 and there's not much difference in the field of view (i use helmet cam anyway) but the performance boost on my old GTX 1070 is really visible! Thanks a lot mate! You just found me lacking couple of FPS I was struggling for to have a smooth performance!

Man, this really helped me a lot! I set up 85/65 and there's not much difference in the field of view (i use helmet cam anyway) but the performance boost on my old GTX 1070 is really visible! Thanks a lot mate! You just found me lacking couple of FPS I was struggling for to have a smooth performance!
Great - glad it helped. If you use helmet cam, id stretch further than 85/65 and push your pixel density up with the frames you gain.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.2%