Better performance with integrated gpu

Hey guys, I have a pc where rf2 runs fine but on my laptop(ryzen 5 3550h, gtx1650,16gb) for whatever reason rfactor 2 runs better on the integrated graphics card than my 1650. I was having really low performance (9-10fps at night) so I went in nvidia control panel and changed rf2 to run in integrated gpu and now its running at 40-50fps even at night. Does anyone have any solution for this problem? I am suspecting its some form of driver issue

could be drivers, but it may be the amount of Vram. It looks like you only have 4gb of dedicated Vram and many many of the newer tracks routinely consume 6 to 8 even 10GB. But why the integrated video performs better? All I can think of is that it syncs with your system memory better than the 1650. Hopefully another laptop user might know how to dedicate some of the system ram to assist your video.

could be drivers, but it may be the amount of Vram. It looks like you only have 4gb of dedicated Vram and many many of the newer tracks routinely consume 6 to 8 even 10GB. But why the integrated video performs better? All I can think of is that it syncs with your system memory better than the 1650. Hopefully another laptop user might know how to dedicate some of the system ram to assist your video.
I thought it was memory so i started logging it with msi afterburner and at daytona road course with lowest setting I am not seeing more than 2.8gb vram usage. Its so bizzare. The issue is also occuring at spa. An year ago, spa used to run fine in all weather conditions but now it performs bad especially at night

Well they have added graphics to all the DLC tracks over the years. The rain reflection shaders were the most recent I think. Night is always a burden, you can edit your player.json file to reduce the number of visible vehicles, the number of visible headlights, the number of trackside vehicles AND TURN off the rain particles. Even in dry conditions the soft/rain particles consume fps.

Well they have added graphics to all the DLC tracks over the years. The rain reflection shaders were the most recent I think. Night is always a burden, you can edit your player.json file to reduce the number of visible vehicles, the number of visible headlights, the number of trackside vehicles AND TURN off the rain particles. Even in dry conditions the soft/rain particles consume fps.
I have done all of that. I appreciate your help but I have given up on rf2. Yesterday i fired up ac with some le mans hypercar and gt3 mods and it was a blast. The only reason I wanted to try rf2 is cause of AI but that is not really much better than ac right now and its just so much easier setting things up in AC and it just looks and performs so much better. Thanks for the help though.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.